One sad day

scbird1

Well it looks like my 92 will never see the road as I have meet with to many problems along the way, mainly the title on the car but now that the car is done all my hopes of getting things worked out just keep getting worse.
Now its time to throw in the towel so I have a car with a new rebuilt motor and trans with a lot of man hours just sitting. It runs perfect except for the 3 year old gas in it. Once the motor is sold I will part the rest out. So if you need a motor and are in the Chicago area look in the parts for sale. Thanks

Won`t be # 9, im to old for this and the car is a painfull reminder of how Sh**ty people can be. They will get theirs in the end. ;)

Mark-

I was sad to see this thread. People are just *******s sometimes i guess. Sorry to hear that u put so much work into the car and u can't put her on the road because of something so stupid. Also sad to read that ur not going to be looking for another SC...ur not that old yet. I'm sure i could get u to buy #9....i just don't think i'm ready to sell ;) .

-Trey

There has got to be a way around this. Go to a junkyard and rip out the dash and vin of a bird sitting there rotting. Apply for a lost title to it, and then tack weld the plate to your dash. It'd be a rebuilt title but who cares.

Or buy a junky bird and switch vins, part the other one out and then scrap it. I wouldn't let it go so easy.

What is the problem with the title.

Well this is a story that was so long I cant wait for it to come to a end. The title was just a part of the mix. The car looked so good but so many problems have come up. I thought the car just needed a engine but as soon as I got it running I found out all the problems. Here goes, This is what didnt work>
ABS, wheel cylinders,fan, cats are broke,computer was shorted and did not blow a fuse. water from the squrters was connected to the vac lines. half shafts are both shot. IRS is so badly rotted it broke away from some of the mounts. fuel lines were kinked. 4of the lugsbroke off at the wheels,
The so called new trans will not hold reverse, Lots of play in rear gears. Now for what was wrong with the motor, Stripped bolts on the supercharger top,oil pan oil pump, timming cover was cracked, valves were rusted shut, 3 bolts held the trans to the engine, same on oil pump, head bolts were lose, wrong gaskets, gutted maf on a stock engine and probly about 20 other things I can`t remember. Sold the motor and the whole car is all torn down now. So its time to sell off all the good parts. I just need to tear down the trans and see what was done to this. Some things just wern`t ment to be.
If a car has a sole this one left a long time ago! :D

scbird1 said:
The car looked so good but so many problems have come up. I thought the car just needed a engine but as soon as I got it running I found out all the problems. I just need to tear down the trans and see what was done to this. Some things just wern`t ment to be.
If a car has a sole this one left a long time ago! :D

Funny how similar that sounds to describing a woman :rolleyes: At least on a car, you can tear 'em down and see what's wrong.

Anyone that has more than two of these cars should be committed :p

Just remember, too much of a good thing....

I think the most amazing part is That I have not put a dent into the car yet.
On the day it goes to the junk yard in the sky I think I will get out my sledge hammer and lay down a few wacks into the hood as it has insideout dents anyway ;) . Scott, I was going to do just that but as I found more and more wrong I knew I needed to throw in the towel. All I wanted to do was save this car as with any I have owned and make a modest profit but when it gets in the way of your well being ;) There isnt enough beer out there to fix this.
Im just glad I can vent here insted of kicking the dog around the yard. Well thanks for listening to me rant and with all the new parts I have you know I will be looking for another in the future. I can`t beleave I just said that :D
I hope your car is going well Scott. You said your lifters look good? sometimes they just dont pump up anymore so hopefully that will cure your car. Anytime someone says they have a clicking going on my first thought is to pull the dip stick while its running to rule that out.

I can't beleive that someone would have treated the car like that.....

You can't save them all......

It sounds like this one was DOA when you got it....... :(

Give it the respect that it deserves, put it out of it's (and yours) misery, and have it transformed into a cube......

Back