Gasket Matched intakes with internal support removed

Bleed_Ford_Blue

Hey guys, I have a line on getting some intakes gasket matched, getting the 3 and 6 ports fixed where the nasty corner is and getting the internal triangular support removed. I already have one if anyone would be interested in pics. Anyhow, the price is still way up in the air. One at a time they will be less than $400 if you can send in a core and may hover around that number without a core. If I can get 5 people in I will be able to get a better deal on it. I just talked to the machinist today and he is going to get back with me on the price next week. Then I will be able to solidify pricing. But before I give the go ahead I need some interest. Let me know.

looks like the price would be $350 with core and $400 without. That is if 5 people can get in. These intakes are not just gasket matched, I know that only costs $125. These are gasket matched, ported on the 3 and 6 (the only place where you can port them. Then they have the splash shield removed from the bottom, the air divider milled out (increses volumetric efficiency of the intake by 20% or more) then a plate is welded over the hole and the splash shield is reinstalled. This is a total of about 12 hours work on each intake (according to my machinist). At $45 an hour that equals $540 worth of labor. Of course it wont take that much time if he doesnt have to change the tooling (hence there has to be 5) but still Id call that a nice discount.
Dan

if anyone could tell me how to post a pic on here that would help greatly, ive never done it before. If not I can email pics to anyone who wants them. Call me or email me for pics (look in my signature for contact info)

I dont know how to post pics here, but this is the next best thing. I had my intake built from the instructions on the MN12Performance websites how-to area. My machinist built it EXACTLY like the one on this link

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/intake/intake-howto.html

Ill give this about another 2 weeks before I have to kill it. My machinist is a VERY busy guy as all good ones are, so the time he has is kind of limited. I will have to schedule the work at least two weeks in advance.
Thanks
Dan

Back