Exhaust System...

lpfan4life85

Yeah i know you all probably get asked this question about 9 million times a week :( ...but im not good at V6 exhaust systems. I do want to put on high flow cats like i have on my 4.6, but as far as muffler and exhaust size im lost. I dont want to lose backpressure because that killed the performance on my 4.6, and i dont want it to sound horrible like the hondas that go around here. I do plan on doing some mods like smaller sc pully and stuff like that so i would like to have a system that can handle mods in the future. I did use the search but i didnt really find anything on exhaust systems for supercoupes. Please help and if anyone has any pics/sound clips that would be great also.

Thanks
Josh

Exhausting

lpfan4life85 said:
im not good at V6 exhaust systems. I do want to put on high flow cats like i have on my 4.6, but as far as muffler and exhaust size im lost. I dont want to lose backpressure because that killed the performance on my 4.6, and i dont want it to sound horrible like the hondas that go around here. I do plan on doing some mods like smaller sc pully and stuff like that so i would like to have a system that can handle mods in the future. I did use the search but i didnt really find anything on exhaust systems for supercoupes. Please help and if anyone has any pics/sound clips that would be great also. Josh
You're compareing Oranges & Orangutans. N/A & supercharged engines react differently to back pressure.

First get a free flowing exhaust, like the one SCP sells. Most people seem to go with the Dual 2.5" - Single 3.0" - Dual 2.5". SCP also sells the "Big Dawg", which has a single 3.5" down the center, but that also requires a late model gas tank. I'd suggest a Magnaflow dual 2.5" inlet, single 3" outlet resonator. Ditch the cats, unless your state/county has smog Nazi's. Then use the turbo muffler of your choice out back. Do that BEFORE you add the 10%, unless you enjoy replacing Supercoupe HG's!!!!!! That system will work very well, until you start making some BIG HP #'s.

I have the Big Dawg, No cats, No resonator, & dual turbo muffs. It's pretty ricey when I get on it. A resonator would fix the rice.

68COUGAR

Last edited:
Back