wont idle

birdboy89

On start up my car will rev up likeit should when its cold then it dies. However it will idle once warmed up but a very very rough idle usually around 600-700 rpms. On ocassion it wants to die between gears(5spd) and starts to buck. Also the engine light comes on periodically and the oil pressure sometime fluctuates when its running bad. When going down the road it feels like it is stuttering when on the gas. Other things that are wrong im not sure are related is a bad break booster(could engine make this not work right?) and also my engine stays reved up sometimes when doing high rev burnouts and keeps going on its own.Ive just had a vaccum sensor replaced not sure what its called but it sits at the top of the engine against the firewall. The car was at my cousins shop and some of the codes were egr and o2 sensors. Both have been replaced within the past 2 months and made no difference. When I bought the car it ran fine on the 3hr ride home, it started running bad after the intercooler tube came loose on the way home and hasnt been right since then.Any help appreciated. Thanx guys.

PS-Please talk simple because I am no mechanic. :p

birdboy89 said:
Also forgot to mention on occasion it will stay revved between 2-3000rpms for periods of time.

sounds like a vac leak to me ... mine went through the same crap... re-seal your intercooler tubes .. and I think what you replaced is called the baro sensor (map/bap or something) I replaced it on mine also...

good luck

-Chad

Back