Camshaft Sensor Tool

Deimos

i was wondering where i can purchase the plastic tool for positioning the camshaft sensor correctly at? no parts store around here has it

is it true that i can just kinda experiment with diffrent alignments?

other members have posted alligning it slightly diffrent from stock and having good results

thanx

I'm not sure that I would recommend doing this.........but I had to get mine in quick.........so I just lined it up and dropped it in (like it shows in your book)........holding the inside rotating piece solid to the housing with my fingers. Maybe I got lucky but it worked. Once my tool came into O'reily's.......I redropped it and everything was still the same. Maybe I've just got a good eye........lol............

But O'reily's can order it for you.........it cost me 17 bucks.......I see people selling them on ebay as well.

Hope this helps.

What EXACTLY are you replacing?

Deimos said:
i was wondering where i can purchase the plastic tool for positioning the camshaft sensor correctly at? no parts store around here has it

is it true that i can just kinda experiment with diffrent alignments?

other members have posted alligning it slightly diffrent from stock and having good results

thanx

If you are only replacing the electronic sensor on the top you will NOT need the tool. You only need the alignment tool if you removed the whole mechanical assembly that runs down thru the engine to the camshaft. If you're just replacing the electronic head (see picture) just pop it back on there.

Attachments

• CSS405.jpg
    CSS405.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 70
Back