Clunk when you shift/go over a bump

lpfan4life85

Everytime you shift i always hear a clunk coming from the rear of the car. It sounds like the frame is slamming aginst something. Also you can hear it when you go over bumps. What could this be, i know something back there in the rear end area is weak but i forgot what it was.

Thanks

mine is making noise also in the rear (a clunk), my red SC i just got, i checked out the exhaust to make sure it wasnt that, i checked out the u-joint on the driveshaft, and the only thing left i assume it is, is the differential bushings, if not then the rear differential itself, but i'm not sure if that could be a possibility? hope that might give you some ideas. Alex L

Its only on the rear passenger side of the car, i think i have heard some where that the differential bushings go out after a while. Its really annoying everytime you get on it and shift it feels like the frame is hitting the ground and you hear this loud boom. Then when you go over bumps you hear it...sounds like its gonna fall apart. :(

Lower Shock Bushings

I too had a clunk and it turned out that the lower passenger shock bushing was shot.
I would also check the differential bushings and the rear sway bar end links as well.
Good luck!
Bill

Back