First time at the track!!

LightEMup

Well yesterday was the first street night at the local 1/8th mile track....i know i know 1/8 mile track sux but its all we got unfortunitly :-\ this was the first time ive ever drove at a track. i was just wondering if you guyz could tell me how i did time wise....i have a bone stock SC with a removed air silencer and that's it.

You don't have to tell me about my reaction time lol, it sucked BAAAAAD, but by the end of the night i wuz running consistant .509's but at the biggining they were pretty nasty....anyway here's my best time of the night...

Reaction - 1.025 (DOH!!!)

60 - 2.311

330 - 6.341

MPH - 73.05

Finish - 9.694

I'm not too familiar about 1/8 mile times, what's good and what's not, was hoping someone could tell me. I don't think i did too bad for my first time ever. :) thanks for you input!!

LightEMup said:
Well yesterday was the first street night at the local 1/8th mile track....i know i know 1/8 mile track sux but its all we got unfortunitly :-\ this was the first time ive ever drove at a track. i was just wondering if you guyz could tell me how i did time wise....i have a bone stock SC with a removed air silencer and that's it.

You don't have to tell me about my reaction time lol, it sucked BAAAAAD, but by the end of the night i wuz running consistant .509's but at the biggining they were pretty nasty....anyway here's my best time of the night...

Reaction - 1.025 (DOH!!!)

60 - 2.311

330 - 6.341

MPH - 73.05

Finish - 9.694

I'm not too familiar about 1/8 mile times, what's good and what's not, was hoping someone could tell me. I don't think i did too bad for my first time ever. :) thanks for you input!!

That would put you right about 15.0-15.1 in the 1/4 mile, which is very good for a stock SC.

David

Huh, I prefer an 1/8th mile. There is more excitement with trying to get a good launch. The 1/4 is pretty damn long an boring. My traps last year were ~80 and 100 at the 1/4. Only 20 mph increase with doubling the distance, bah. 1/8 is where it is at, lol.

wow, is mine a factory freak or somthing? i looked at all the stock SC time's i could find and no one that i could find ran a 9.6?? hmmm

T-bird4vr said:
Huh, I prefer an 1/8th mile. There is more excitement with trying to get a good launch. The 1/4 is pretty damn long an boring. My traps last year were ~80 and 100 at the 1/4. Only 20 mph increase with doubling the distance, bah. 1/8 is where it is at, lol.
You gotta have some HP before the last half gets exciting. :p

XR7 Dave said:
You gotta have some HP before the last half gets exciting. :p
haha oh ok, cuz i wuz lookin at everyone's 1/8 mile et and i wuz like wow!! mine really tore it up. but i kinda figured somethin along those lines.

Excellent

Great job...For your first time out with this car you did quite well. It has taken me 4 years to get my stocker to run consistant 9.5's with an oddball 9.4 here and there. Your 60 ft. time indicates there is quite a bit left in this car as you should be able to get 2.1 60's after some practice. That should land you in the 9.5 area and get a sub 15sec 1/4 time out it. Keep up the great work!

Anthony

Coast to Coast SC said:
Great job...For your first time out with this car you did quite well. It has taken me 4 years to get my stocker to run consistant 9.5's with an oddball 9.4 here and there. Your 60 ft. time indicates there is quite a bit left in this car as you should be able to get 2.1 60's after some practice. That should land you in the 9.5 area and get a sub 15sec 1/4 time out it. Keep up the great work!

Anthony
awsome! thanks man :) i'll keep practisin this summer at the track and hopfully get some 9.5's outa it :-D can't wait!

How are your tires? I think that has a lot to do with 60' times too. My 60' is usually 2.3 but my street tires are toast.

NMxr7SC said:
How are your tires? I think that has a lot to do with 60' times too. My 60' is usually 2.3 but my street tires are toast.
brand new perelli touring tires....not really ment for dragging unfortunitly.

you wanna talk getting off the line? I raced 100' drags a few weeks ago. THese were exciting. Didn't do too bad either. Had traction problems lead to bad reaction times. 90 stock SC 5-speed w/Blizzak winter tires. Reaction times: 1.345-0.987 UGLY! Next time I'll do a little better.

Back