Advice on the EEC?

LIL QIK

Well I ran the KOEO test.........both the Engine OFF and the Engine Running. The engine off gave me a 63 and a 34..........which I believe was EGR and TPS. But when I did the Engine Running......it gave me a 98 which is the EEC is Bad.

Was wondering if any of you have had this code 98 before and if you feel it is legit. Was also wondering whether you guys thought this could be my whole fan problem.

Plus I've seen several of you say the fan should come on momentarily in the test..........well that never happend.

Anyway...........just wanted to get some thoughts.

Thanks.

check the fuses...

In the engine bay, by the battery is a black box with fuses (high Current fuses and relays.

One of them is labeled EEC and the other is fan motor. Check and make sure they're all good.

If all this is good, then clear the codes and re-test the car.

The fan should come on during the KOEO test. It tests the low speed fan.

I suggest that you try this and see what happens.

Need any other help, if I can help, call me at (973) 277-4294.

Always willing to help!!!

Don

I've got the EEC fuse.........but on Fan Motor fuse. In any case those are all good. But I'll be sure and call if I can't figure this out. That 98 code has me freakin a little bit though. From what I've seen on some other sites......it almost makes it sound like the EEC is bad and running in limp mode the whole time.

I might be in touch........thanks.

Back