94-95 front end on a 90' SC..

bdfnbrd

Would that just bolt on or am I gonna be doing ALOT of work? I just like the rounded look. Is this too much work to be worth it?

hardest part will be converting the headlight wiring harness over to the 9007 bulb system.

the 2nd hardest part will be acquiring the hood, headlights, header panel, and bumper. and if you are going to do it, i recommend going with the 96/97 hood and headlights.

I agree with 8ate8. If I was going through the trouble to do it, I'd go for the 9697 style. Actually, I'd go for the 94-95 bumper cover, with the 96-97 lights.

And converting the headlight harness to 9007 style (or the reverse) isn't hard at all.

-Rod

racecougar said:
I agree with 8ate8. If I was going through the trouble to do it, I'd go for the 9697 style. Actually, I'd go for the 94-95 bumper cover, with the 96-97 lights.

And converting the headlight harness to 9007 style (or the reverse) isn't hard at all.

-Rod

I want to do the same thing... is there a tech guide to this? .. if not, someone should write one *hint hint*

There really isn't a need for a writeup on the swap, as it's mainly just removing the original header panel, lights, bumper cover, and hood, and replacing those parts with the newer style ones. As far as wiring goes, it's really simple. I did the reverse (9007 to the older style) in my 90 XR7, since the entire car has been rewired with a 97 wiring harness (I'm still using the 90's headlights).

-Rod

Who was it that had that really really really nice teal green one with the 96-97 front end and the awsome ram air hood???? Old age is creepin up on me I can't remember.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

racecougar said:
There really isn't a need for a writeup on the swap, as it's mainly just removing the original header panel, lights, bumper cover, and hood, and replacing those parts with the newer style ones. As far as wiring goes, it's really simple. I did the reverse (9007 to the older style) in my 90 XR7, since the entire car has been rewired with a 97 wiring harness (I'm still using the 90's headlights).

-Rod
I guess basically what I'm wondering is if this is just a bolt on swap or if I'm gonna have to be drilling a bunch of new holes and fitting fenders and headlights... I like the 94-95 bumper, the hoods off of the 96-97 are nice.. But I still like the 89-93 rear.. so that is why I want the swap.. My roomate has a 94 civic that I installed the full bodykit on.. everything was ordered and nothing fit exact, it all needed work.. I don't wanna do that with my car, if I have to fabricate anything, then I'm just not gonna do it right now.

bdfnbrd said:
or if I'm gonna have to be drilling a bunch of new holes and fitting fenders and headlights... I like the 94-95 bumper, the hoods off of the 96-97 are nice..

All MN12 fenders are the same. There's no need to swap them.

Go with the 96/97 lights and hood. The lights are crystal clear, as opposed to the prizmed 94/95 lights, and if you go with the 96/97 hood, you won't have a gap between the lights and hood.

And yes, it's basically just a bolt on. If you need to cut anything, it would probably be the bumper foam under the bumper cover. Not sure on that, but it's real easy to cut (had to cut some of it out on my 96 to clear the exhaust tips).

The teal green one you are thinking of is Dale Puumala's. He doesn't have a member page on here that I can find anymore.

you shouldn't have to cut the bumper absorber under the cover at all, the 94/95 cover should fit fine. if you are going to use the 96/97 headlights, it will be a tight fit in the middle where the bumper has the t-bird logo becouse the space between the headlights is a tiny bit smaller with the 96/97 than the 94/95. just work with it a bit and it will be definately worth it!! like many said already go with the 95 bumper and 97 lights and hood. it looks so good!!!!

Scott Long said:
The teal green one you are thinking of is Dale Puumala's. He doesn't have a member page on here that I can find anymore.

Right Dales...Too bad he has a nice set up there...

Back