Moon roof ?

dkmac

I have a 93 SC with a factory moon roof. Ever since I owned this baby my moonroof has not lined up properly in the rear. I want to say that it looks like it is warped a little in the middle rear of the glass. Has any one else had this problem? I looked at the roof and it does not look like it is deformed. Please let me know and how to remedy the problem. Thank you all and God bless.

Donny

dkmac said:
I have a 93 SC with a factory moon roof. Ever since I owned this baby my moonroof has not lined up properly in the rear. I want to say that it looks like it is warped a little in the middle rear of the glass. Has any one else had this problem? I looked at the roof and it does not look like it is deformed. Please let me know and how to remedy the problem. Thank you all and God bless.

Donny

try taking it off of the track and greasing it up and lining it up and putting it back on, I don't have any sun/moon roof problems besides a weak motor so idk if that'll work.. someone will chime in to help you though :D

Thank you for the heads up on that. I did forget to mention that I did take it off the track and realine it. No matter what I do it still sticks up about a half inch more in the center rear of the glass. Just enought to drive ya nuts. Thank you and God bless.

Donny

I know that mine sticks up in the front and I have read in my Helms manual (Ford) that there is an alignment procedure you can follow. Of course my laziness has prevented me from trying this yet and my moonroof sticks up across the whole front; not just in the middle as you describe. Maybe you just have a bad peice of glass? Maybe you can find one cheap in a junk yard and swap them out? Good luck.

Back