PDA

View Full Version : New Speedometer/Odometer Gears from Kornhaus Cluster

hellakornhaus
05-24-2005, 11:15 AM
All,

If you don't know already, I fix defective clusters. Either you can buy the replacement odometer gear from me, for $35, or you can have me do all the work for you, for $50 (plus shipping). The most common problem with our clusters, is the little gear. This gear, from the factory, was designed very poorly! Some factory gears last longer than others. But I will tell you know, from my experience, that all of the factory odometer gears will eventually break. Therefore, leaving your odometer useless! Be pro-active, and ship me your speedo for repairs!

Feel free to E-mail me with any additional questions! My E-mail address is on my website.

-Kornhaus

hellakornhaus
06-23-2005, 05:03 PM
TTT

-Kornhaus

hellakornhaus
07-14-2005, 11:51 AM
TTT

-Kornhaus

Redtallman
10-03-2005, 09:17 PM
u have been pm

BlkSCnKS
11-13-2005, 02:27 AM
I sent you a PM

hellakornhaus
11-13-2005, 08:26 AM
I sent you a PM

Replied!

-Kornhaus

scott campbell
01-24-2006, 10:42 PM
I pushed in the reset while going 20 mph, now neither odometer/trip numbers move, speedo still works...is this the gear you are selling to fix this problem? Does your gear last longer than stock unit? I took mine down as far as I could and did not see any stripped gears or pieces like teeth, do you give instructions for shade tree wrenchs with the gear? Contact me at crzn57@Buffalo.com

BlkSCnKS
01-24-2006, 10:50 PM
I PM'ed and emailed you a message

Mercutio
01-30-2006, 11:11 PM
My odometer and speedo work, but not the tripmeter. Any ideas on what gives?

Brando B
03-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Scott, do you still offer this service or have any of the replacement gears for sale?

Brando

wwotr
03-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Yea Scott, I've got an extra Gauge Cluster I may send you, but my concern is (not being mechanically inclined) is the removalinstallation of the new unit.
Any instructions on the web, on how to accomplish this?

Roger

scott campbell
03-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Sorry for the confusion but I was asking for info on repairing my own cluster, there is a site I found in SCCOA that takes you thru the steps and is pretty easy to follow. I got a cluster from a wrecking yard and tore it down and found the damaged gears, now I need to go back and scavage another for parts..

wwotr
03-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Scott,

Not a problem.
I just though I'd chime in to see if the original poster could take my Cluster that I ot from a Wrecking yard and replace the gears and send it back to me.
Can you post the link to this thread, for the removal/installation of the gauge cluster?

Roger

scott campbell
03-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Roger go to www.mn12performance.com/mn12p...o-install.html and it will walk you thru the process, to remove the speedo there are 4 screws on the dash panel face plate, then 6-8 small screws holding the clear gauge protecter in the dash,the speedo slips out of a simple plug-in unit[ no problem] and you can tear into the speedo without to much problem and some one mentioned that an old cassett player supplied the replacement gears. or BlkSCnKS is a fellow on this web who has lots of expertise. Good luck and don't worry about being non-mechanical, this is not a hard process to handle, just take your time...

skydivr7673
03-21-2006, 04:29 PM
that link doesnt work for me....

anyways, question for you guys--my speedo does not work properly, but the odometer works fine. The speedo "sticks"....sometimes it works, and sometimes it sticks in one place. When it is sticking, if I tap the dashboard the needle will move, but then it usually just gets stuck somewhere else. I am told that the gears are ok because the odometer would not work if they were bad, so what can be causing this?

scott campbell
03-21-2006, 09:31 PM
www.mn12performance.com/mn12parts/odometer-gears/sog100-install.html is the site to look at for odom/tripometer repairs...for sticking speedo go to search and type in speedometer, there are many answers to sticky speedo....as far as me offering repair, I never have offered this service but try kornhaus.com