Do your SCs cars vibrate alot at idle in Gear?

KocaPuff

Hello. My 1991 thunderbird SC, idles at about 600 rpm in drive steady, but in the car you can feel the vibrations of the engine and feels like crap.

I'm sure it's the motor mounts correct?

Well, I had the same problem on mine, the drivers side motor mount was completely torn apart. I put solid rubber ones, I still vibrates a little bit, but nowhere near the amout it did before.

Deffinately change your motor mounts. You will notice a world or diference after you out solds on your car.

Shane

quick35th said:
Deffinately change your motor mounts. You will notice a world or diference after you out solds on your car.

Shane

hah, that's probably why my car shakes so frickin' much... can anyone take a guess at the hours this would take?

Lvcien said:
hah, that's probably why my car shakes so frickin' much... can anyone take a guess at the hours this would take?

If you know what your doing and dont have someone else there to slow you down then its a 4-5 hour job. The hardest part about it is removing all the stuff off the front of the engine. Once you have all the stuff cleared out of the way it a piece of cake. After about 4 cars I have it down good.

Shane

Back