Shakes in Neutral, with Defroster or A/C on

littleboylan

Well after doing ALOT of searching on the boards, again not a direct answer to my problem. My car has developed a shake when in neutral (5speed), or when I turn on the AC or Defroster it shakes then too. It feels like the car wants to die, but not quite that bad?!. I have seen some posts about maybe engine mounts, but Im not so sure thats MY problem. Anyone have any similiar problems before?? Also my fuel pressure is at 38psi at idle, and gos up to about 50 at WOT. So I can rule that out. Any help would be cool, THanks MIke

littleboylan said:
Well after doing ALOT of searching on the boards, again not a direct answer to my problem. My car has developed a shake when in neutral (5speed), or when I turn on the AC or Defroster it shakes then too. It feels like the car wants to die, but not quite that bad?!. I have seen some posts about maybe engine mounts, but Im not so sure thats MY problem. Anyone have any similiar problems before?? Also my fuel pressure is at 38psi at idle, and gos up to about 50 at WOT. So I can rule that out. Any help would be cool, THanks MIke
I had similar symptoms when my motor mounts were toast. even turning the wheel would make it vibrate. Same thing with the NA v6 tbird i used to have.

Ok

Thanks for the quick replys. I guess I shouldve believed what I read. I just wasnt sure if that was my problem, but I guess its time for a motor mount job, when I do my headgaskets in the following month. So should I go for the solid mounts? Mike

trust this guys

thust this guys they know what they are talking about. i just replaced my motor mounts and is like getting a new car no shaking or vibration of any kind. do it you will not regret it but you need to know that changing them is not an easy task but its worthed.

Back