Noooo :( This guy in the UK ****

Huh? :confused: I'd hardly call that desecration. How about you show up at an American Rodders Association meet and start calling people retarded every time you see cross make engine swaps. I don't think you'd last very long. :eek: It's not like it's a Shelby Cobra or anything, its just a kit car.

XR7 Dave said:
Huh? :confused: I'd hardly call that desecration. How about you show up at an American Rodders Association meet and start calling people retarded every time you see cross make engine swaps. I don't think you'd last very long. :eek: It's not like it's a Shelby Cobra or anything, its just a kit car.

Its just principle because of the car it is based off of. Now I would not have a problem with other cars like a '32 Ford 3 window or something like that. It just seems wrong to put a non Ford motor in an American icon like the Shelby Cobra... kit car or not.

Shane

Whose principle, yours? :cool: Last time I checked the Cobra was British sports car in the first place, not a Ford or Shelby at all.

MarksM said:
What I would like to have is a Cobra kit with a complete Typhoon drivetrain.

There is actually one around me with a GN motor in it and another with a Viper motor in it. A Cobra club came to Jegs while I still worked there last summer on a poker run. It sure was cool seeing all those Cobras in one place.

Shane

XR7 Dave said:
Whose principle, yours? :cool: Last time I checked the Cobra was British sports car in the first place, not a Ford or Shelby at all.

LMAO! Too funny. Talk about kin to a crawfish.

XR7 Dave said:

Not to mention Carrol's first choice for a powerplant was the small block chevy. Chevy said No, so he turned to Ford and got a 260 for test fitting.

XR7 Dave said:

So maybe the first one may have been British but the '66 427 Shelby Cobra was all American.

Shane

Last edited:
quick35th said:
Its just principle because of the car it is based off of. Now I would not have a problem with other cars like a '32 Ford 3 window or something like that. It just seems wrong to put a non Ford motor in an American icon like the Shelby Cobra... kit car or not.

Shane

And the '32 Ford isn't an American icon? Sheesh.

Heh, it's kind of like gutting a 35th Anny. Who would do something like that? :D

-Rod

racecougar said:
And the '32 Ford isn't an American icon? Sheesh.

Heh, it's kind of like gutting a 35th Anny. Who would do something like that? :D

-Rod

lmao!!! Yeah I know Rod what you mean. Gutting a 35th Anny would be a monstrosity in itself. Let alone putting a different motor in one :rolleyes: :D :p

Shane

Back