Speedometer odometer

Fireman_In_A_SC

My buddy gave me a cluster out of a 94 SC junker, but is there a way to match the odometer to what my car has? I plan on making a project with the origional gauge cluster, and need something in there to get me around (literaly! :D )

Sweet90SC said:
The car is 10 years old so it is milage exempt anyway...

Not in Connecticut.. the car needs to be 15 yrs or older, and I have a warranty on the car, and since it has low miles, I don't want to risk hearing any guff from the warranty people if something were to go wrong mechanicly

If you pull up the gear locking bar gently, then you can roll the numbers. I've done it on the first 3 digits with success. Kinda nerve racking, but easy, just be patient, and don't use extreme force.

There is also a person who posts here who can set your odometer to anything you want. (so a search) That way you don't have to worry about wrecking it.

As always it is the owners responsibility to ensure that the odometer reading is accurate and truthful.

Just as a precaution, you really should tear it down to be sure the drive gear on the motor is good before you invest all the other effort into gettin' it installed into your dash.
The gear I'm talkin' about is a lil blue 20-tooth gear hidden behind the white disk on the motor shaft. If it's toasted then at least you didn't waste time installing and then goin' "aw $#!t".

'bird

Back