big play in shifter while in gear

LightEMup

A while ago there where a bunch of kids standing on the side of the road and they got all excited when a ricer pulled out of the parkin lot i was in and sqeeked his left tire for .2 seconds....sooooo i pulled out sideways and banged second so hard that i snapped my shifter in half....that's right folks...IN HALF! after that i wuz holding the top half of my shifter and i could turn it 360 degrees haha, it wuz stuck in second....ANYWAY i bought a b&m ripper shifter as a replacement and a few months after installation there began to be play in the shifter, while in gear it wiggles around. I felt the bottom of the boot and it feels very firm like it use to, but it feels like half way up the shifter there's a joint there that has some play in it. The bottom stays still but half way up it begins to have about 3/4 of an inch of play to all sides.....is there a bushing there? or is there just a screw loose or somthin?

Two Screws

There are 2 screws in the middle of the B&M. Im assuming you didnt install it yourself, cause you wouldve noticed them. Mine came loose too, it would be a good idea to use some locktite on them. Ill bet thats all it is. Mike

littleboylan said:
There are 2 screws in the middle of the B&M. Im assuming you didnt install it yourself, cause you wouldve noticed them. Mine came loose too, it would be a good idea to use some locktite on them. Ill bet thats all it is. Mike
awsome, and yes you're right i didn't put it in myself. What do i have to do to get at it? take off the center console??

yea

Open your console lid, take out the two or three philips screws holding the console down, pop up the console lid, unplug the two connectors there for your fog lights and firm ride. Unscrew your shifter knob, and slide the boot up and over that, then you will see the two screws there in the shifter. Pretty quick and easy should be a 10 minute job. Mike

Back