fuking vac. leaks!!!

Lvcien

This is getting really annoying I sealed the IC tubes the best I could with RTV and it's a little better now, but when starting it still sputters alittle bit starts up, goes to 1200, then 500, and sputters up to 700 then stays there for a few then does it again... and then I can shut the car off, and within the net half and hour or so, if I start it it jumps up to 1500 then goes down to 700, like nothing is wrong, then after awhile of driving, it starts its sputtering at redlights....

where else could vac. leaks be?

p.s. only 7 lbs boost... when floored :mad:

Last edited:
I understand how frustrating these things can be but there is no need to use foul language here.

XR7 Dave said:
I understand how frustrating these things can be but there is no need to use foul language here.

excluding the 'c' is not allowed? eek, sorry :eek: -- Admins/mods -- feel free to change the topic (in fact, please do) -- Won't happen again :D

Last edited:
I think there is an easy way to check vaccum leaks.. I heard someone say to use an unlit torch and follow it around tubing, and when the engine starts dyin' you found your leak

check or replace your IAC and TPS. I had "idle" problems and that was my culprit. Start the motor up and listen for hissing from the IC tubes. If you can't hear anything you can try the air compressor trick. If someone can explain this better please do. I've never had to do that, but it is always suggested as a means to find vacuum leaks. I hope you only have vacuum leak cuz low boost sucks..........

mlbuxbaum said:
check or replace your IAC and TPS. I had "idle" problems and that was my culprit. Start the motor up and listen for hissing from the IC tubes. If you can't hear anything you can try the air compressor trick. If someone can explain this better please do. I've never had to do that, but it is always suggested as a means to find vacuum leaks. I hope you only have vacuum leak cuz low boost sucks..........

the TPS is brand new :-D

Another thing in the intake tract to check but is never mentioned is the IC itself. I'm talking about the air tubes of the IC at the joint where they enter the headerplate, the headerplate is what the tanks are welded to.
Every stock SC IC I've pressure checked leaks like a sprinkler system at those joints. The joints are glued and as I just said every one of them I've checked leaked badly.

Back