PDA

View Full Version : SC with a Z-28 SS hood, kinda

Grims95SC
05-24-2005, 08:51 PM
I have for a long time loved the look of the last Z-28 SS's, especially the hood. I got a guy at Laugh@Rice to photochop what my SC would look like with a hood like the SS. Anyway what do you guys think?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/Stew247/Supercoupe/T-BirdSS.gif
And the headlights were made clear as I'd love to have 96/97 lights on it one day.

Still Crusin
06-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Nice photoshop work. I need to learn how to do that sometime. I'm not a big fan of that style scoop. I believe I've only seen maybe one other SC with something similar. RicardoA1(?) he's got a really cool custom late model SC with a single scoop hood.
I've always liked the scoops on the t-bird turbo coupes.

blue94sc
06-03-2005, 12:35 PM
I think it looks good.
Not too large and overpowering and not too small or puny.
Dare to be different.
If you go that route post some pics after it's finished.
Later.
Bill

95lightningwnab
06-28-2005, 07:27 PM
i know somebody makes an SVO mustang style hood for tbirds..that would look very simliar

SR71BLACKBIRD
08-27-2005, 05:43 AM
I vote yes, a little difference is a good thing.
Be pretty boring if we all looked alike.
Personally I like the flared nostril look of the Ram Air hoods but hey that's just me.
If you like it you go for it.
Besides if it fails or you decide you don't like it then grab another hood and try another style I'm sure someone would buy it off you.
You have to show us the finished project if you go this way.
Jim

seawalkersee
08-27-2005, 06:49 AM
I think the bull nose from the Ram Air looks better. There was one guy on here who had one built for him. I wish I could remember who it was. I asked where the project (he built it from a kit) came from and never got a response. I think the guy was from colorado or somewhere in the mountains.

Chris

seawalkersee
08-27-2005, 07:36 AM
I finally found the thread but the pics of the hood are gone. They have a box with a little x in it. Here is the link if you know how to open it. http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41958&page=4&pp=15 they are half way down posted by a guy named jaramie.

Chris