PDA

View Full Version : vertical doors

sendeth
05-24-2005, 08:58 PM
my friend found this link for vertical doors. if you scroll down to the pics (2nd row from left and 4 pics down is a nice looking tbird with them. maybe you all know about this already, but i thought i would share the link.

http://www.streetracinggallery.com/Lambo-Doors-Free-Shipping/Vertical-Doors-On-Sale/Vertical-Door-Conversion-Kits-Free-Shipping.html

Mike8675309
05-24-2005, 09:36 PM
I've seen those kits. Not really a fan of them myself since they still have to kinda close like a normal door to seal. If I was gonna do it I'd have to get more customized so the door can actually seal by just pulling it down.

With those kits you pull down, then pull in. Looks cool, but I would want to do it all the way.

Toms-SC
05-25-2005, 11:20 PM
'H' for Honda

sendeth
05-27-2005, 01:26 PM
just throwing the link out there.

seawalkersee
05-28-2005, 01:42 AM
I was going to get a set for my LX. I am 604 and trying to park in a normal lot every day is hard. Then put a slope or add wind to the equasion and its tough not to door ding people with these Loooooooooooooong doors. Not really a fan but I think It will save my paint some. Not to mention the post in the garage...

Chris

90XR7Cougar5spd
06-11-2005, 06:52 PM
There was a honda sitting at a dodge dealership near my house that had the verticle doors on it, looked pretty cool but i would put them on my cougar

Birdman93
06-12-2005, 08:05 AM
I did some research into putting a Verto kit on a Thunderbird-there's one major problem-most cars that have the Verto kit do not have a frame around the window that is attached to the door-and with the way our cars have that "wrap up into the roofline" window frame, I don't think you could make it work-at least not with a good weatherseal around the top.

Try contacting the folks at Auto Kraft in Nebraska-they did some of the SWB conversions-maybe they have some ideas on how to make it work.

Note-saw the pics of the Ford F-150s with the kit-looked good, but they have a more vertical window frame-I'd still do some checking before attempting it. ADP

seawalkersee
06-12-2005, 11:29 AM
There are a few companies that do the T-Bird. I have seen them before. I was going to do it on my white car because it would be easier to park. Dont think it is worth a grand though.

Chris

Birdman93
06-12-2005, 11:45 AM
If I was going to do this mod it would have to be with the electric kit-no way am I going to try and lift those doors myself!! :eek: I'd have a hernia in the first week!!LOL

pearl95sc
06-15-2005, 01:41 AM
Well, the gt factory kits are the best universal kit on the market, and they can be had for about $999 via ebay. They are permanent and require welding. I've done some extensive research into them, including dealer pricing. They use 2 smaller air shocks to help lift the doors, they still allow normal operation of the doors, up to a 25 degree swing outward, and can do a complete 90 degree vertical stance. They will be on my car in time, but i'm thinking more of a suicide lambo operation, now that will be fun.

tbird88
07-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Y'all ain't seen nuthin' yet... (evil grin)

'bird

seawalkersee
07-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Your gonnna do suicides arent you....I think that would be cool cause it would be easier to get out of then the scisors.

Chris

NDS
07-18-2005, 05:48 AM
Well, the gt factory kits are the best universal kit on the market, and they can be had for about $999 via ebay. They are permanent and require welding. I've done some extensive research into them, including dealer pricing. They use 2 smaller air shocks to help lift the doors, they still allow normal operation of the doors, up to a 25 degree swing outward, and can do a complete 90 degree vertical stance. They will be on my car in time, but i'm thinking more of a suicide lambo operation, now that will be fun.

I was thinking of doing a suiside lambo as well. You'll probably get to it before I will, and I will be interested to kno how you did it because I'm not even sure if it is really possible or not.

seawalkersee
07-18-2005, 10:20 AM
I saw a kid that had this done to his 99+ moostang the other day. His install did not go so well. He bent the fender and it did not line up (has to lift the door) but the kit looked professional. Then he started talking trash...then I said put your money where your mouth is and he shut up...I didnt even have my car there...must have been the way he was talking about the way he was going to put a set of AFRs on his 4.6 and I told him I would give him $500.00 on the spot if he could find ANY aftermarkt heads aside from SVO. He tried to tell me otherwise but when I handed him a 5.0, summit, and jegs needless to say the conversation was over...

Chris