Creating a CT chapter

SuperCoupeSC91

"V8Supercoupe"

A few years back I was the only guy around from the area that was a member. I had a couple of years where No-one from this area posted at all. Eventually a couple of guys started to post and and there was some interest. Myself as President, and Jeff Steinert as VP got a club going and I started a website called, "Blownbirds". It was the official SCCONE website. I had member galleries, contact lists, videos, etc, etc. I used to support the SC businesses that were new at the time with some frontpage ads, cause when I joined, an Smodel blower and 70mm TB was a big deal. 13seconds in the qtr. was flying. It was actually a pretty good site. I still have it on CD rom BTW. We had 15-20 members. It was free to join. Jeff and I were excited that we finally had people coming around. We tried to get meets together, but no-one really showed, including myself on an occasion. (WORK) Eventually guys were selling thier cars and not telling me. I had there contact info up and it wasn;t even good anymore. I was hosting pics for them and they didn't even own the car anymore. Eventually interest died off, people stopped coming around, and I got tired of forking out the Server money out of my own pocket for a year and a half. SO...with that said I scrapped the whole idea and the club has been sitting dormant for at least a good year. I am still moderator...as you can see, but nothing else of the SCCONE exists. HEK...I can remember when we didn't even have a forum..LOL! ANyway, it's good that the interest is back, as far as elected official go, it's all up to you guys how you want to go about getting something setup again. Sorry for the long post, but when I see we were nothing, then we got something finally going,,,,,only to watch it die again.

Skip

"SuperCoupeSC91"
Now with this being said, This gives us permission to start up our own CT Chapter. I'm going to need some serious people to help with this for administation since i plan on being the Pres and cant do everything myself, now i have 1 person interested in a position for the administration and he lives 1 town away from me, i guess to be fair i will do this on a first come first serve basis. Alex L

"Fireman In A SC"

Let me know.. I would be interested in an administrative job (prez, vice, sec, treasurer, etc..) and getting a CT chapter together.

Last edited:
I plan on getting business cards, T-shirts, ID cards, our own car stickers, our own website, meetings, gatherings and events. who looks forward to being an active member, i think we may have about 5-8 members in CT, and if you would like to e-mail me your contact info, (will be kept private, for our chapter puposes only, and veiwable to the current members in the CT chapter) and i will create a list, so we can communicate to each other and also i can e-mail everyone this list so we can contact each other, but be kept off of the boards. what do you guys say? I already looked into the domain "www.SCCoC.com" thats taken, but i looked into "www.SCCoCT.com" and it is available and i plan on buying it very soon :D

Thanks
Alex L
SuperCoupeSC91@hotmail.com

Last edited:
I'll help out as well.

Back when SCCoA was first creating chapters we looked at how many people in CT were around and thought that there may not be enough CT people to have a reasonably sized group so we decided a New England Chapter would be best so we included the RI and MA people like Skip, Jeff and Mark McCormic (sp?).

Lately it seems like most of the involved members (with the obviousl exception of Skip) have been from CT but do we really want to possibly exclude the neighboring states?

In the distant past 6-7 years we've had local meets in conjunction with TCCoA that have drawn people from NY, RI, MA, ME, CT all in the Hartford area.

I'm a busy person, but if you guys have meets I'll show up. I'll take a bunch of pics like I normally do and post them on my site (still working on it) One meet you guys should definetly get involved in is the LMMC-CT Car show this year....

Brian I got the pictures from the meet at J&M and your house if you ever want to go over them.... http://www.bleedblue.org/events/ It's under 7-20-02 CT Dyno Meet...

update

I was e-mailing back and forth with George Davenport, he said to go about it kinda but he cant give me permissions as of yet, because SCCoA has to make "policies" now, and then maybe we can get our own written in SCCoA chapter for CT, so as of now any new posts from (myself or officers) will include SCCoCT in the heading for the CT members, but out of state members would be welcome to stop by and join the events, crusies etc..Just i think it would be better for us to not travel to new york to have a meeting or a cruise. not saying thats a bad idea, but more on a local level. So i'm going to try to organize as much as i can with the help of some others. Thanks for your inputs and interests, i will try to contact you all, and once again, could u please e-mail me your contact info and i will send mine back to you with the others within the CT chapter, so we can contact each other. I looked into getting the domain www.SCCoCT.com and i'm awaiting for the person i know to buy it for me. So are we getting together this weekend at the bristol car show? (my home town :) ) I wont have an SC to go in but i would be more than glad to go meet a few of you guys I haven't even met yet, also my parents are going away this weekend, so my house is open if you guys want stop by and chat, talk about future plans and stuff, or go out after :) ..

Thanks,
Alex LaChance
SuperCoupeSC91@hotmail.com

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with Don from NJ, i think i'm going to make it kinda a seperate club, (www.SCCoCT.com) (website soon to come) but also be on the boards here (within the SCCoNE chapter). So then SCCoA or TCCoA is not liable for our club in any way. Like Don told me SCCoA and TCCoA are more organizations than an actual clubs, like his club has events/meetings/shows/pens/stickers etc locally.. I think that is the Ideal route to go.

Alex LaChance
Supercoupesc91@hotmail.com

Last edited:
SuperCoupeSC91 said:
my parents are going away this weekend, so my house is open if you guys want stop by and chat, talk about future plans and stuff, or go out after :) ..

woot woot party at Alex's :D

Fireman_In_A_SC said:
How about we meet up at Alex's house, talk a little about the SCCoCT, and then head off to the meet in Bristol?

That sounds like a plan, Alex I could bring the exhaust for you if It will fit in my car and check if it will work with your style gas tank

Brian thats cool, up to you guys, (you get my e-mail ?) , Dan, that would be cool aslo if you could save me a trip.. also not having a party, a gathering i should say :) but we can go out and party later on if you guys want. ttyl

Alex LaChance
SuperCoupesc91@hotmail.com

Hi Alex and Gang in Ct. I'm going to Carlisle, Maybe I can stop by and see you!

Hi Alex,

I called you ti oday but I could not get through! I worked on a few things for you! I hope you guys also allow New Englanders from Vt. Or Florida. I think you guys got a nice thing going. Our Florida Chapter is still getting something going on down here. I hope you will all Join us in our shoot out in the Fall or Winter. Alex has visited me In Fla. We have been friends for years. I think he will do a great job! If I can be of help to any of you in anyway just let me know. I will assist you all, with anything I can. Alex I can get the stickers cards T.shirts anything you need wholesale for you guys. My Cousin is in that Business. I'm Planning something very similar for the Florida Gang. Alex Call me tomorrow I have plenty to tell you. Maybe you guys can get together after the Carlisle show and we can stop by and Meet you all. If not Alex I will be heading your way on the 5th call me so we can hook up. ;) :D :) :cool:

Keep up the good work! I think you will all have a great group. I hope to come to your events when you have them. Here is the SC finished! I got the hood on with your and Greg's help. the SC logo I just sent to you for Ideas. I got to go!

All the Best as Usual,

Victor and Diane
Victor.......

Attachments

• Picture 331.jpg
    Picture 331.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Hey, Great news...

Great to see the club starting up!!!!!!

The club is only as good as its members....Getting it off the ground is not the easiest, although the reward is FANTASTIC!!! We started here in Jersey with just 3 guys and now have over 25 active members and over 100 members overall!!!!!!

As I told Alex, I hope that you guys can get it going and I would like to help in any way I can. Hoping to put together a meet with the Conn. Guys and the Jersey guys. Jordan knows us as be has been to the NJTACC events. (HI JORDAN!!!!, P.S. Bob says HI!!!!).

If you need any info, feel free to contact me at (973) 277-4294.

Here's to another great club starting up!!!

Don

President--NJTACC

Back