PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Beach Car Show

scott456
05-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Back to the Beach Car Show at UNO Lakefront Arena on June 5th. I am not sure what the entry fee is but it usually draws out alot of cars. Just seeing if anyone is interested in going? I plan on entering my cougar.

Scott

FearThis SC
05-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Back to the Beach Car Show at UNO Lakefront Arena on June 5th. I am not sure what the entry fee is but it usually draws out alot of cars. Just seeing if anyone is interested in going? I plan on entering my cougar.

Scott
I will be driving to Orlando for a family vacation that day. Take some pictures for us. Good Luck with the cougar!

focus
05-25-2005, 11:52 AM
I assume that this car show is in Louisiana.... New Orleans area?

FearThis SC
05-25-2005, 02:30 PM
I assume that this car show is in Louisiana.... New Orleans area?
Yes, New Orleans Lakefront.......one of the nicer areas of the city.

doodaa
05-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Where would there be a good hotel if I wanted to cruise over and spend the night before and maybe Sat night too? Keep in mind I'm only familiar with the French Quarter... pretty sure that'd be out of the way for this event though. ;)

scott456
05-25-2005, 09:18 PM
There is hotels all over the place....the French Quarter is only about 10 mins from where the show is.

FearThis SC
05-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Where would there be a good hotel if I wanted to cruise over and spend the night before and maybe Sat night too? Keep in mind I'm only familiar with the French Quarter... pretty sure that'd be out of the way for this event though. ;)
I would recommend staying at a hotel in Slidell then driving over to the New Orleans Lakefront, around a 20 minute drive. Or you could stay in a hotel in Metaire or Kenner which are fairly cheap. The hotels in the Quarter are very expensive as you probably already know.

2005 Back to the Beach (http://www.neworleans.com/events/backtothebeach/)

doodaa
05-26-2005, 11:55 AM
After playing with hotels.com and google maps it looks like I'll be checking out the Best Western Landmark in Metarie. (What's the correct pronuncation of Metarie anyway? :confused: ) Cheaper to stay out there by a long way and don't have to deal with interstate traffic to get to the arena... I just had the Mark's bumpers painted to clear up some accident damage and stone chips so I think I'll avoid downtown and the Quarter this trip - if my fiance will let me get away with it. ;)

Are there better seafood places than Deanie's in Bucktown?

FearThis SC
05-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Try R&O in Bucktown.....or New Orleans Food and Spirits in Bucktown. A bunch of places in Metairie off Veterans Blvd, very close to where you will be staying.

Metairie - MET - TOR - REEEEEE

the-big-e
05-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Wish I could be there....

I'm originally from 'Norlands'..... :D

Grew up in Metarie and had friends over in Kenner where the airliner crashed.....

We lived near Trancontinental Blvd. and West Esplanade just north of Vetrans Hwy.....

scott456
05-28-2005, 02:05 PM
That airliner crash was back in the early 80's wasn't it? My Uncle lived in that neighborhood where that plane crashed.

doodaa
06-03-2005, 11:15 AM
What color is your Cougar Scott? I'll try and look you up Sunday... Or did you decide not to enter it?

FearThis SC
06-03-2005, 07:09 PM
Excellent glad to see that your going to make the trip to the Big slEASY! I may be able to head over tomorrow (Saturday) for a few hours. Sunday I will be leaving for Orlando.....and that monster drive!

Yeah Scott are you entering the Cougar for Sunday?

doodaa
06-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Won't be in town till late this afternoon...still haven't left the house. Had to wax the nose so the skeeters and love bugs will wash off easier. :)

I'll be at the cra show tomorrow - I'm told I look like Phil from Viva La Bam (whoever he is) only bigger. ;) Driving a dark blue Mark VIII

scott456
06-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Glad to see doodaa out there at the show. Hope y'all had a safe trip back. I guess the cougar was not what you were expecting.

doodaa
06-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Glad to see doodaa out there at the show. Hope y'all had a safe trip back. I guess the cougar was not what you were expecting.

Good to meet you Scott and I really enjoyed the Cougar. That was my third pass up and down the road there when I stopped to talk to you. You're right, I was expecting something different. Can't say I'm sure what I was expecting but that's the first MN12 or FN10 I've seen built like that. ;) I've been hanging around here for a couple years and had no idea there was a 1000 hp Cougar in my neck of the woods. For those of you that haven't seen his car, if you get a chance check it out. Only problem with it is it gives me ideas I can't afford. :D

I certainly hope you'll think about coming up to Commerce for <a href="http://www.sshs5.com"> The Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout</a> in November. I'd sure like to see that Cougar doing it's thing and since my fiance seldom let's me just drive past New Orleans I don't think I'm going to make No Problem Raceway anytime soon.

scott456
06-07-2005, 01:59 PM
I read about the Southern Heavyweight Shootout and I will try to make it if I can finish the car in time

doodaa
06-07-2005, 02:11 PM
I'll get somewhere to see it run eventually.... :)

You know anyone looking for a Mark VIII as a project or parts car? I tripped over one Monday before I left for home. I've agreed on a price with the guy but it's going to cost me too much to get back here I think.... at least in the time frame I'd have to do it.

scott456
06-07-2005, 11:12 PM
I will ask around...how much for the mark 8 and what kind of shape is it in?

doodaa
06-08-2005, 11:43 AM
I started a thread on it over on <a href="http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=66033">TCCoA</a>

The guy will take $600.