new too the area

Luke

hello, i am new to the area. i live in newport news. i will be buying an sc on tuesday. its in pretty bad shape, but i'll be here for awhile. i was wondering if anyone would like to help me out in getting it back into shape. if anyone can tell me where a good place is to get new parts it would be greatly appreciated. thanks a lot.

sc owners

the best place to meet some of the local sc owners is at jenro's on independence blvd in va beach.a few of us usually get together out there around 4pm to 7pm on saturdays.it's a meeting place for all kind of cars,usually there's around 50 to 60 really nice rides out there.come on out and i'm sure some of us can help you with some needed parts and info.

i am usually there every sat.
i work at a local ford dealership
tell me what you need and ill get it for you at my discount (35-45% off)
welcome to the area

Bowditch Ford on Warwick Blvd. used to be pretty decent for parts and service... I haven't been there since the "shake up" so ymmv. Check the online parts vendors too, they'll usually get you a better deal than any of the local dealers.

Welcome ... im fairly new myself. Actually just met you and a few other people from here just today actaully out at Jenros ... I was in the Silver SC.

Wish I could get together with yall more often, Ill have to start scheduling Sat. nights off from now on. So then maybe I can learn more about the car myself.

I was big into 3rd Gen Fbodys before my SC ... but definatly like this one already more than any of the fbodys ive owned. Luke im sure youll love yours too. Especially when you spank some honda on the interstate and the kid has no clue why.

Oh yeah ... just for future refrence ... Anthony ... cough cough ... theres 3 pedals in a 5 speed car. :) HAHA ... I had to bust your balls.

Broke Neck said:
Welcome ... im fairly new myself. Actually just met you and a few other people from here just today actaully out at Jenros ... I was in the Silver SC.

Wish I could get together with yall more often, Ill have to start scheduling Sat. nights off from now on. So then maybe I can learn more about the car myself.

I was big into 3rd Gen Fbodys before my SC ... but definatly like this one already more than any of the fbodys ive owned. Luke im sure youll love yours too. Especially when you spank some honda on the interstate and the kid has no clue why.

Oh yeah ... just for future refrence ... Anthony ... cough cough ... theres 3 pedals in a 5 speed car. :) HAHA ... I had to bust your balls.

Isn't the one on the left the parking brake???????? lol
Seriously, though, I always thought there was a cutout that wouldn't let the starter engage without the clutch pedal being pushed in.

starter cut out

My 1995SC w/5speed will not turn over unless I am stepping on the clutch. Similarly, my 1990SC w/auto will not turn over either unless I am stepping on the brake pedal. I think it's a safety feature that was built into them by Ford.

Brando

Luke - You have a lot of good guys in the area. If you have any questions I'm sure they would be able to help you out in anyway possible. It's a shame that I had to leave the Hampton Roads area.

Oh, if you have any mechanical questions, Toxic281 is a good resource, TRUST ME...he got my car running the best it has ever been.

Toxic281 - Just to let you know, on the way down here I got 27 mpg @ 85-95 mph with the A/C on full blast...Thanks man!

Stephen

new SC owner in Richmond

nickleman60 said:
the best place to meet some of the local sc owners is at jenro's on independence blvd in va beach.a few of us usually get together out there around 4pm to 7pm on saturdays.it's a meeting place for all kind of cars,usually there's around 50 to 60 really nice rides out there.come on out and i'm sure some of us can help you with some needed parts and info.

Can anyone give me directions to this place you guys hang out at?
Also, any Richmonders hang out locally?
Thanks!

coming from richmond you take 64 east to va beach. take the 264 east exit to v.b. oceanfront.get off the second independence blvd exit.from there stay on indepedence blvd for about 3 miles.haygood shopping center will be on the left,turn in and go towards the right side of the parking lot.you can't miss all the cars there.look for the t-birds

Back