ARC actuator came off

rph1966

Hi
Have blinking firm ride light. Found Left Front actuator had come off. Was able to put it back but light still blinking & relays making noise. HOW CAN I FIND THE CORRECT POSITION TO PUT THE TAB ON THE TOP OF THE SHOCK SO THAT IT WILL CORRESPOND TO THE POSITION ON THE ACTUATOR? EXAMPLE: THE TAB MAY BE IN THE FIRM POSITION AND THE ACTUAOR COULD BE IN NORMAL POSITION. I THINK I WOULD HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO ORIENT THE TAB ON THE SHOCK TO THE POSITION OF THE ACTUATOR TO REPLACE THE SHOCK BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND AN INFO.
Thanks very much for your time & reply.
Tony

The actuator can be installed in only two positions since the white tabs have to align with the mounting bracket on the shock. The two positions are opposite each other (1/2 turn between them). The flat pin inside the shock's piston rod has two positions (firm and auto) which are 1/4 turn between each other and are in relation to the mounting bracket for the actuator.
So you cannot go wrong as long as you align the flat pin in the shock (using needle nose pliers) to match the actuator before you install the actuator.
Rotating the pin in the shock a few turns will not change the firmness of the shock.
I've read posts where people have used WD40 on the shock pin to free it up.

Back