@#&!! Ebay

minbe

So I just started selling and I get screwed on my 1st item. I list a SC gauge cluster at .99 cents. It starts climbing, hits about $20. Then this morning I check and it's at $2025.00. WTF? The high bidder has minus 2 feedback and has bid $5000.00. I write him and after no response I cancel his bid. Now it's down to $41.00-Ok that's about what I expect. But bidder number 2 made a mistake and bid $2000.00 by accident instead of the $20.00 he intended. I write and ask him to verify. Trying to be helpful, stupid me. He retracts his bid. Bidder 3 sees this and retracts his bid. Now it's down to $6.50
I don't know why I bother.

yeah some people are losers on ebay. just a bunch of lil kids with high hopes but no money. i used to be one of them. but then i got a job. and if u would check out my feedback. all of it paid!. but yeah sucks man! just try again.

doodaa said:
Two words - reserve price.

What will that do to deter a kid who thinks he's being smart and making a huge bid he has no intention of paying? They think they're anonymous and can't be found. Seller and Ebay needs to go after them. John

AsScLoWn said:
I have 7$ cash, make you good money, you sell!!!

Well Assclown it's still sitting at $6.50 with a day left. Your $7 would probably get it.

As far as a reserve price, I wanted to start my auctions at .99 and let the value of the part control the final price. I think more people will bid if they have a chance at a good deal. I don't mind if it ends low. I just bothers me that it was doing fine until some guy started screwing around with it. Now I have 1 bid cancellation and 2 bid retractions on that page and it makes me look like crap.
I just wanted to start out right with selling. I'm not looking to get rich. Just to make a couple extra bucks to offset the cost of my SC.
Oh well the other 2 are doing OK. And I have more to sell so I'll keep trying for a while.

AnnivSpeCpe said:
What will that do to deter a kid who thinks he's being smart and making a huge bid he has no intention of paying? They think they're anonymous and can't be found. Seller and Ebay needs to go after them. John

Doesn't do a thing to deter them, nothing does. You just cancel their bid and move on with your auction. eBay isn't going to do a thing to them and seller can't without eBay's help. They're a hazard of doing business on eBay and the reserve is the best way to cover your butt if you're at all worried about what you're going to sell the item for. Of course you *could* just allow the exorbiant bids to stand and then file NPB on them when they don't pay. Good way to get some negative feedback, which eBay might remove once you hassle with them some.

Last edited:
Always reserve the right to pull the Item off auction...Then when this happens you can oull it and post it up for auction under another item number at a later time. As far as the kid screwing up your auction you can have e-bay go after him ...e-bay can also block his ISP address from bidding ever again...Just my .02

Rick

Back