Car Audio Experts... Please Help!

definetly sealed with the music you listen too but i would recomend 12" because the is definetly a big variation of bass notes between rock and dance :cool:

Thanks, Kyle. I'm thinking sealed is the way to go for me, and no worries... The pair of 12W6v2's should hit plenty hard for me.

Cheers,

Sean

Hey Sean,

I own a car audio and performance business, I can build you a box if you would like.

I would go sealed with the JL`s, they are a great subwoofer, no matter who you get to build the box be sure to get it chambered between the subwoofers, so they are in there own box, that way you get clean bass and no waves mixing with each other.

If you need a reference I just put a system in Coolhand`s bird :D

Thanks
Garett

If you got the w6v2's, you oviously mean business, I have no idea how they sound, but I have had 2 alpine 12's in a large sealed box and have been disapointed. A Large Ported & Tuned box with good 5X7's will hit most notes nicely, especially if your a stones or floyd fan. If that doesint scratch your itch, you can always plug the holes :) .

For the money, JL Audio 12w1 V2 are the best that I have heard and don't require near the power to drive as 12W6. If you don't have tons of power for 12W6s; and by tons I mean at least 750 to 1000 watts RMS from a good amplifier you won't be happy with them.

The 12W6s are awesome if you want to listen to them very loud.

I have a pair of Boston Pro 12s that were in my 90SC at one time that have been relocated to my Acura. I replaced them with 1 12W1 V2 in a 1.25 cu. ft. box and it was nearly as satisfying. I would say that two in a sealed box of 1.25 cu. ft. per sub would play very loud, clean and go low.

Robert Kohlman said:
For the money, JL Audio 12w1 V2 are the best that I have heard and don't require near the power to drive as 12W6. If you don't have tons of power for 12W6s; and by tons I mean at least 750 to 1000 watts RMS from a good amplifier you won't be happy with them.

The 12W6s are awesome if you want to listen to them very loud.

I have a pair of Boston Pro 12s that were in my 90SC at one time that have been relocated to my Acura. I replaced them with 1 12W1 V2 in a 1.25 cu. ft. box and it was nearly as satisfying. I would say that two in a sealed box of 1.25 cu. ft. per sub would play very loud, clean and go low.

Robert,

Thanks for the feedback!

Actually, I'm running a Memphis Belle, and the pair of subs will be running at 1 Ohm mono. Power will not be a problem.

...That's sort of why I decided to go with the W6's.

Cheers,

Sean

I have the JLs (not sure what seiries) in the trunk in my LX. Lets just say no matter what you listen to, it is sonic intoxication...

Chris

Back