JBL Audio no volume

LightEMup

I have come to the conclusion, my factory jbl system is effected by temperature.....when it is cold out, i turn it all the way up and i can't even hear it over the engine. But when my car gets hot from the sun or somthing, it cranks pretty loud. Also my right side speakers have half the volume that the left side does.....is this a fried amp? or what?

I wouldn't say the amp is fried. It could be the radio or the amp. The problem you describe sounds like a cold solder joint. Basically the solder has cracked over time and makes an intermitant connection. I hae had this happen to lots of my equipment, Amps my home reviever, about 25 amplifers that I have bought at pawn shops over the years.

It usually takes place on the connections entering the amp. In your place the power input conncetors and output connectors. Most likely on the ground since none of your channels work or the remote turn on lead or even power in. It could also be on the reciever (tuner) on the connector leading to the amp.

Jeff

JBL Problems

I have never seen a JBL amp go bad yet. I have however repaired over 100 of these radios and can just about guarantee you that the radio and/or CD Player (if you have one) is the problem. These radios are notorious for the issues you describe, and, dozens of other issues.

When the capacitors in the radios start to go, the result is a multitude of problems.

Best bet is to get yours repaired or replace it with an aftermarket unit.

Hope this helps!

Paul

That is another common problem. I remember having a few units that had an oil in them that leaked out of the caps. Forgot about that one.

Jeff

TwoTimeSC said:
I have never seen a JBL amp go bad yet. I have however repaired over 100 of these radios and can just about guarantee you that the radio and/or CD Player (if you have one) is the problem. These radios are notorious for the issues you describe, and, dozens of other issues.

When the capacitors in the radios start to go, the result is a multitude of problems.

Best bet is to get yours repaired or replace it with an aftermarket unit.

Hope this helps!

Paul
well....if i take it to a shop what should i do.....should i have em just stick in a new head unit? i could do that myself, or should i take it to them and have them put in the new head unit and bypass the amp and just hard wire it to the speakers??? i have a 760 watt amp in my basement, could i some how used the stock wiring that goes back to the amp and just wire it to the new amp??

Back