For sale: aluminum 8.8 carrier assembly

lazybird4pt6

I'm selling the aluminum FRPP 8.8 carrier I have. I'm not interested in doing this anymore and could use the money elsewhere.

M-4001-M373
Unit is complete with less than 10K kms.
Comes with 3.73:1 ring and pinion.
Needs to be built, not rebuilt. It just has to have someone set up the pinion depth and backlash.
All the bearings and seals have been replaced from when I was having problems and these parts have less than 2K kms. Same goes for the gears.
I am not willing to sell the differential only - complete carrier, or without gears only.
Approximately 15 pound weight saving over stock.

I recognize that many people might not be interested in 3.73 gears, so i'm willing to sell the gears seperate from the carrier. There is nothing wrong with these gears.

$650 with gears
$550 without
no trades

FRPP sells these for $1500 new, without warranty as are all FRPP parts. Keep in mind that a new Ford differential-only sells for about $450. (Ed, correct me if i'm wrong here, please)

Reply here, P.M. or e-mail me for inquiries. I can e-mail pics upon request. Price is firm and i'm not willing to ship, so SCCoO buyers get "dibs" on this one. Cash or PayPal payment methods are accepted.

Thanks for looking!

HAHAHA!

(in my best Luke Skywalker impersonation)
NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR!

'Sup with the new sig? Into stereo stuff again?

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that i'll be including one bottle of Ford's Friction Modifier and two bottle of Ford's Synthetic oil (tag on carrier says 75W145 only) along with this. If the gears are sold seperate then i'll also include a brand new pinion bearing so you don't need to worry about the condition of it.

Thanks!

Reduced price because I wanna get rid of this thing.

$550 with gears
$450 without

SCCoCanada members still get first dibs.

HoseHead said:
The end? Goin' rice on us or sumtin?

Pfffft. Give me SOME credit. :rolleyes: :D (sorry Wayne, no offense)

The name. The entity. The attitude. The being. Today, it dies. The situation will be addressed shortly.

Back