Pinion angle

XR7 Dave

Anyone know how much of a change in pinion angle would be considered safe? Would .15 deg be worth worrying about?

Well I think Google found my answer, lol so unless someone says otherwise, it would seem that .15 deg would be insignificant seeing that 2 deg is generally considered ok for street use. I was just doing some math seeing that I have dropped my K-member 3/4" for added hood clearance and I didn't want to create driveline issues.

Dave after you're done with yours e-mail me the instructions on how to do mine.I lost the e-mail about this you sent me a couple months ago. I wouldn't mind getting my stock hood back on.

It would probably be best if I put together a kit for you. You will need longer heat treated bolts, shims etc. The bolts are kinda hard to find.

XR7 Dave said:
It would probably be best if I put together a kit for you. You will need longer heat treated bolts, shims etc. The bolts are kinda hard to find.
Even better. When you get it figured out get me a price and I'll send out the money. Do you need some of this stuff back that you've sent to me over the last few months? Like I have 3 pulleys but only payed for one I think, and the switch that came with me 2nd chip, and the wrench that removes the pulleys? I haven't used the wrench yet b/c I'm waiting to get my cam back from Coy before I tear this apart. Let me know what you want back and I'll ship it out tues.

no it upsets the space time continuim, and crossing the streams is bad, i would go with a 45deg d/s angle and keep the punkin' completely horizontal.

I also tried using the drive-shaft as an exhaust pipe but tore off the manifolds :confused:

0.15 degrees? Doesn't our suspension travel far enough to cause .15degrees? or maybe a couple hundred extra pounds in the rear?
:p

T-bird4vr said:
0.15 degrees? Doesn't our suspension travel far enough to cause .15degrees? or maybe a couple hundred extra pounds in the rear?
:p
Umm Julian, we have IRS. The pumpkin doesn't have suspension travel :rolleyes:

Dave,

Forced Fab is supposed to lower my K-Member 1/4" while installing the turbo to gain a little more hood clearance. Do you think they will be able to re-use the stock bolts ?

David

What I think Julian meant was....don't the poly diff mounts (when pancaking) cause more than .15 articulation without any adverse driveline affects....other than a bunch-0-noise.

Just agree with me Julian. BTW, we have some mutual friends I hear.

Micah

David Neibert said:
Dave,

Forced Fab is supposed to lower my K-Member 1/4" while installing the turbo to gain a little more hood clearance. Do you think they will be able to re-use the stock bolts ?

David
1/4" will be ok with the stock bolts.

Ya I hear that too Micah, small world dude.

Anyway I ment if our differentials are the same design as ones used in solid axle cars then the pinon angle requirements are probably the same. Therefore the suspension travel of the differential in solid axle form is likely more than .15 degrees. In other words sparky is safe, and my logic isn't as skewed as Kurt wants it to be.

Back