audio problems

WhtnyFn

so my question is this:
i have a 1992 with the jbl sound system
i had my stereo looked at the other day and found out that my cd player ws broken and due to some bad connections, the entire system as shorting itself out
now i have the cd player taken out of it and the wires running from the deck to the player are totally disconnected, and the stereo works fine
but what can i do about the cd player?
it is too expensive to fix it and too hard to find an original that works.
people have been telling me that an aftermarket chager will be very expesive and difficult to install, but the man who worked on my car said that FM modulated changer should work
what can i do?!?!?!

thanks

NateML2@cs.com

You might want to have a look over at www.crutchfield.com. They have several cost efficient CD changers to choose from, and many times offer harnesses for connection to factory head units. I believe similar JBL sound systems were used on several cars in Ford's lineup, so you have a chance at finding a harness, anyway. Also try www.sounddomain.com. If that still doesn't work, maybe a local car-audio installation shop can help

just to let you know, i have had to repair my original jbl radio and cd player. i have been very lucky and had the cd repaired for around $50.00 and had all the capacitors replaced and all the loose conections in the radio resoldered for $50.00 also. here's a hint, check around your local auto salvage yards, you may be lucky enough to find some that have a guy who repairs radios and such for them to resell. it may be worth checking out if you want to keep your sc stock as possible. by the way the radio and cd sound great

Back