Code 172

mcate

Ever since putting my magna ported blower & double IC on this spring, I've been getting an occasional CE light. Ran it today & got 172, lean on bank 1. 0xygen sensors were replaced last year when I was getting lean codes on both banks. Problem then turned out to be a BAD vacuum leak on the blower/upper IC tube connection. Any ideas on what this could be?

Found something this afternoon

Well, I was searching around today looking for a vacuum leak. I had my intake tube & MAFS off, & I was looking down through the hole in the fender where the air comes up, right? Well, I noticed some sort of sensor dangling. It had wires plugged into it, & a piece of 1/4" vacuum line that had dried & split. I started looking around to see where it went & found a black box behind the drivers side headlight with a couple of vacuum fittings on it, one of which was open. I picked up some line at Advance & hooked it back up. Drove the car around & for a while got an almost constant CE light, but after a few minutes it went away. Hasn't come back yet. (Knock on wood) So I guess I've found my vacuum leak. Any idea what those lines & that box are for?

TIA,
Mike

Update #2

I drove the car to work this morning & had that damn CE light on almost all the way in. I need to borrow a friends code reader to see what's wrong. Man, you find something that's obviously wrong, fix it, & then the problem just gets worse.

Back