Where can I get a 10% Overdrive Jackshaft Pulley?

KocaPuff

Where can I get a 10% Overdrive Jackshaft Pulley? I know there are 5 % ones, what about a 10%? I am trying to get to 15 pounds of boost on my 91 SC.

I was having no problem running 15 psi (according the gauge anyway) when I had a 5% OD pulley on the supercharger (which was a stock 94, except for the OD pulley) and stock sized JS pulley.

-Melon

I dont think they make 10% od for the jackshaft pulley. Most people use the 5% with the 5% SC pulley. You dont want to od the supercharger as it will wear out the bearings and generate too much heat thus heating up yout intake charge causing you to loose power.

A 94 has the better blower. What I would suggest to do is to put a 5% on the blower and a 5% on the jackshaft. If you have a very open exhaust it may require a 10% on the blower and 5% jackshaft but the Eaton starts losing efficiency at this higher rpm. Were talking major heat production with out at least a double ic and fan. Lots of heat = at the best of situations timing being pulled and producing less power or at worst enough detonation to produce a blown hg.

Lots of threads on the diff between psi and cfm. Our psi just measures back pressure. Cfm is what builds power this is why when everything else is stock and you really open up the exhaust the power produced goes up but psi goes down. More air under lower pressure is still more air and it is probably a little cooler to.

KocaPuff said:
Where can I get a 10% Overdrive Jackshaft Pulley? I know there are 5 % ones, what about a 10%? I am trying to get to 15 pounds of boost on my 91 SC.
Try to contact Ryan A Harris from Ontario board! ;)

KocaPuff said:
Any more help on a 10% Jackshaft pulley?

ESM used to make a 10% overdrive jackshaft pulley and I've got one on my 91. Now I think the only game in town is a 5% from Ryan Harris (SCI), and I believe that Supercoupe Performance is selling those.

David

Back