1994 1995 SC DIS Ignition Module & Tach Drop

Rich Thomson

I just wanted to pass along to the 1994-1995 SC owners who are experiencing intermittent tach drop and engine miss. I had replaced the usual suspects Cam Sensor, DIS module but the problem was still there. I did a few searches on the SCCoA and found the 89-93 heat sink grease issue. I went to Radio Shack and got a tube. Applied the grease between the stamped steel mounting bracket and the DIS module. The ignition miss and tach drop are gone. Seems like we can include the 1994-95 cars with the 1989-93 DIS problem. Trying a $2 fix worked! :eek:

A $2 fix worked? It was bound to happen sooner or later. Now we need about a thousand more $2 fixes to make up for the usual expensive ones :rolleyes:

Also be stingy with the grease. Don't go globbing it on thinking more is better; all it does is fills air gaps and microscopic pits in the surfaces to facilitate heat transfer. A paper thin uniform layer is all you want. :cool:

minbe said:
A $2 fix worked? It was bound to happen sooner or later. Now we need about a thousand more $2 fixes to make up for the usual expensive ones :rolleyes:
Yes, It worked just great o my car. Too bad I found it out too late, after I spent almost 500 dollars changing all kids of sensors and so on. :(

Back