sea foam

rzibilske77

I have read some post about this product, and just want to make sure it will definaly be ok to use and how much.
It says u can use it in oil, gas, vacuum line etc...
i am more interested in the vacuum lines? at what line should i use it and about how much should i use?
any info u guys can give about this sea foam would be appreciated.

I used a vac line after the blower. The is some talk about it hurting the coating on later model blowers. I have an early but just to be safe I would do it after. There is a vac port right after were the return IC tube comes in. I used half a can. Run a vac line from this port and into the can. Run the trottle by hand to keep the engine running and dip the vac line into the seafoam and pull it out before you stall. Do it a little at a time. It should only take about 5 minutes. You will get some smoke out your exhaust. In my case it wasn't as bad as I heard it would be but find an empty parking lot to do this in.
After I did mine my vacuum went from 16-17 to 20 and my NOX was down by half. Good stuff

thx for the info, so much for the parking lot..i did it in my driveway :D , i did get quite a bit of smoke when i rev the throttle, but it disappated rather quickly, i went ahead and through some in the gas before i go ahead and change my fuel filter.
My vacuum runs around 18-19 from before around 17 either way i think 16-20 can be norm.

minbe said:
I used a vac line after the blower. The is some talk about it hurting the coating on later model blowers. I have an early but just to be safe I would do it after. There is a vac port right after were the return IC tube comes in. I used half a can. Run a vac line from this port and into the can. Run the trottle by hand to keep the engine running and dip the vac line into the seafoam and pull it out before you stall. Do it a little at a time. It should only take about 5 minutes. You will get some smoke out your exhaust. In my case it wasn't as bad as I heard it would be but find an empty parking lot to do this in.
After I did mine my vacuum went from 16-17 to 20 and my NOX was down by half. Good stuff

So exactly which hose is recommended to use if you have a 94/95 to try ( :confused: if possible :confused: ) to avoid the coated rotors and still be the most effective at get the seafoam to remove the carbon?

For 94/95 use the BOOST/VACUUM gauge port

SHEPP said:
So exactly which hose is recommended to use if you have a 94/95 to try ( :confused: if possible :confused: ) to avoid the coated rotors and still be the most effective at get the seafoam to remove the carbon?

Look around the Inlet Air Temp sensor. It is located in the I/C tube that attaches to the intake manifold. There is a vacuum line that goes to the boost/vacuum gauge. Use this vacuum port to keep the sea foam out of the blower.

FYI - I use sea foam in everything and have been very pleased with it.

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, '94 Supercharger, 5% SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, UD Pulleys, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, 36 lbs Injectors, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:27 Gears, Ripper Shifter, 73mm CL MAF (Blue Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants and Rear Spring Air Bags.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, 76mm CL MAF (Gold Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Pro-Torque 2500 Stall TC, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, Tokico Struts & Shocks, American Racing 17” Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Tires and 235 RWHP with 315 LB-FT Torque.

Back