JBL no Clock to Clock

matt59

I have a question about the JBL Head unit. Mine to a dump so I replaced it with another, The new one doesn't have a clock function just a 6th channel selector. My question is how do I get the clock in the new unit? Face plate alone or is there more to the clock? Anyone have the schematics on the JBL :confused: .

The CLOCK button is the middle button above the LCD display. Your old radio has the BAND button in that location.

J.D. said:
The CLOCK button is the middle button above the LCD display. Your old radio has the BAND button in that location.

I know where the button is, although mine has the clock button where the #6 station would be and LOC above the LCD Ialso have the one your reffering to (I have a few units with the clocks and without). I wanted to know if the face would interchange and if there is a clock unit inside that I could swap into the working unit. Oh yea where would that clock unit be located (inside or on the face piece)
Thanks

Last edited:
Ithink you may have a Lincoln radio.They have the 6th set button. If the display is blue-green instead of green,then it's probably a Lincoln radio. I had a radio go bad (lost the left side audio) & found a replacement from an Explorer SUV. It's an exact replacement, everything plugs right in.

Tom Mack said:
Ithink you may have a Lincoln radio.They have the 6th set button. If the display is blue-green instead of green,then it's probably a Lincoln radio. I had a radio go bad (lost the left side audio) & found a replacement from an Explorer SUV. It's an exact replacement, everything plugs right in.

Your right it is a blue LED, But my question is can the face be replaced with one from a SC with the clock feature and will the clock work?

Thanks for responding :)

Test it

I really don't think it would be, even a different year they might have changed one pin location. If the faceplate looks different, chances are the guts are too. I'd say take it off, compare the two, if the pins line up, same amount of wiring to each, the faceplate and then to the deck, then try. If you blow the faceplate, just take it back and say it didn't work in the first place and get a replacement.

Grant

PS... I really don't think anybody has done this... I'd say try a audio buff sight for this question

I got the question!!! :eek: No, you can't just pull out the Clock section out of one radio and shove it into another... It's on the motherboard, you probably got that deck from a vechile that has a seperate clock some other place, thus no clock for the deck...

I believe that's the answer your looking for :D

Last edited:
Well that wasn't the answer I wanted to hear :mad: But your probably right.
I will have to think of something else to get the clock and a working Stereo in my car.

Back