non sc

mr.x

i have 91 t bird will only run by spraying ether . into intake cant retrieve codes .used snap on analizer and cheapo unit from woe mart . will eec from sc work in non sc engine to see if problem is in eec wild guess is bad tps device ..thanks for reply

mr.x said:
i have 91 t bird will only run by spraying ether . into intake cant retrieve codes .used snap on analizer and cheapo unit from woe mart . will eec from sc work in non sc engine to see if problem is in eec wild guess is bad tps device ..thanks for reply

I would think it will fit.. but the fuel and timing curves will probably be off, becasue it would be looking for certain variables from sensors that are not on non-sc motors

mr.x said:

Start with the basics are you getting fuel pressure to the rail??

mr.x said:

No it won't work the SC has a DIS system and the NA birds have a distributor.

Jeff

A friend of myn has a regular 90, and his did the same thing, turns out the fuel pump went to ****. like he said check to c if theres ne fuel pressure, but i'd put my money on that

Fuel pressure is the problem. And for heaven's sake try to refrain from shooting ether into the intake, or fuel will not be the problem anymore.
Good luck!

fuel pressure

when i turn key on can hear fuel pump running
have spark
timing marks line up
have fuel at rail
fuel pump used to run for few seconds when key on now can hear constantly
removed spark plug to check tdc sooty condition
when running with help of super high powered aerosol piston destroyer [ether]seems to be running rich with fast idle
when i turn car off will start again whithin 5 mins but still runs crappy thanks for reply

fuel pressure

have spark
timing marks line up
have fuel at rail
when running with help of super high powered aerosol piston destroyer [ether]seems to be running rich with fast idle
when i turn car off will start again whithin 5 mins but still runs crappy thanks for reply

i just had the same problem last week with my sc check the connections on the computer on the kick panel on the pass side. try to move the connection around. if it still does not work change the computer. what happened with my car was the fuel pump would run constantly and the fan would also not shut off. car would crank but not start. i also had plenty of spark. changed the computer and it started up.

mr.x said:
have spark
timing marks line up
have fuel at rail

Did you measure fuel pressure at the fuel rail?
Your fuel pressure regulator may not be working and giving full pressure to the injectors causing you to flood I'm thinking you should be around 39 psi at idle. also make sure the vacuum line is connected to your fuel pressure regulator its located at the back of the fuel rail on the right side.

Last edited:
bingo

tried sc eec. car started right up did not stay running though must have been the problem. at least iknow the sc eec is functional thanks for
all replies

So what you are saying is that you got an EEC that is meant to drive a Distributor Less ignition system to “work” in a car with a Distributor?

Unbelievable

Jeff

Just because you put a .22 bullet in place of a fuse and it works doesn't mean you should use it.

miracle

car ran for about 1 min stalled when i gave it throttle .
just wanted to see if would work did not expect to run car with it
had nothing to lose . excet possily all electrical controls
both cars are taking up prime trailer park space anyway

Back