Believe it!

boostedbird

Okay I have 16 people to back up this race i was on the racing strip after rebuilding my engine after a bad crank problem on the way too florida (didn't make it hahaha) Anyway I got it back together and I built it VERY strong this time and added a new camshaft as too David Ns advice thanks boss!!! After breaking it in I can't believe how MEAN this thing is. I also added a 50 shot of NOS as well mainly for the cooling but its also nice how much faster the engine revs with it. :D

Well on its maiden voyage last saturday i come across a 97 supra TT with a greddy front mount, exhaust, and blow off these are the things i could see and hear. The front bumper was off for who knows what reason so anyway I beat a stealth a few monthes ago and the guy that owned it was by me and telling me to race the supra, I was like "Okay win or lose it will be fun if i lose who cares its a supra!!" Well he drove ahead and caught up to the guy and said race the tbird, the A-hole responded with "Its just a piece a crap ford and I'd smoke him so bad he wouldnt know what hit him." After telling me the guys response I was like "Hell NO!!!! Its on now I chased the guy all the way up the vard and as we approached the light where we turn around at, he gets in the turning lane and I get behind him. The turn light goes on and I'm right there and he knows it. Well we don't turn around to go back to the vard we line up on the 2 lane road right there which has a good 1/4 mile stretch to the next light. I get along side of him and he guns it and I have to hurry and gun it too. (*** wouldn't even give me a fair start!) well little did I know but we had a HUGE crowd behind us watching I took the supra by 1 1/2 carlengthes all I could do as I turned into the gas station where the race ended was shake with excitement and Happiness then the crowd pulled in and surrounded me like vin diesel on fast and furious hahaha it was sooo cool!!!!! :D Guy got so pissed he left the vard and didn't show up till later that night when he came by he started saying he missed a shift, then when I said I'm willing to go again he said his clutch was slipping I looked at him and said "Hey we all have our excuses!" One of my friends that was watching the race said another guy was taping it if I can find him I'll post it

Last edited:
Way to show him up! If you see him around again, make sure to point out that it's funny that he lost since you "only have the V-6" :p
(Hey, if he's dumb enough to run his mouth about Fords, he might not know about the Super Coupes...)

heh...i have my own Supra story, was on main street here where all the racing goes down, and there's always this silver supra that's been tweeked quite a bit. bout the same mods you menchened....i rebuilt my engine 3500 miles ago and got it broken in and it's pretty mean.....but it's only stuck unfortunitly, so i catch a light with this guy. Light goes green i get a perfect launch and can't even see him out my window anymore, so as i wind it up to 5 grand i'm thinking to myself.....wow how over rated are those cars......just as i finish saying this to myself and hit second, i hear.....WAAHHHHHHHH **SCREEEECH** WAAHHHHHH and thereeee it goes.....i wuz like.....^&!$@^%!$@ and ate my words haha. buttttt he did blow his small turbo during that run haha. i wish my outcome had been like yours :( when we pulled into the gas station everyone who saw it thought my t-bird did pretty damn good for a 3800 pound stocker :)

I never thought i'd ever hear about an SC killing a Supra. This story inspires me to really fix up my SC to run fast like that. This is awesome news to hear, and it makes keeping my car more worthwhile.

This is a great example that shows high rpm hp ain't everything all the time. American muscle has the advantage of hp and torque being the same at 5,252 rpms (most american engines peak out around this range), meaning if you are generating 650hp (as a big block v8 would for example), then you are putting out 650 ft lbs of torque at that rpm. In the case of the Supra, that thing may not generate 650hp until approaching 8,000 rpms, and even then it's not going to put down no where near that amount of torque at that rpm- but it is geared up like crazy, creating a very short useable high torque band- similar to an SC in 1st gear with 3.55's on the rear. torque falls as rpms go up unless you are peaking out at some unbeleivable hp level like well over 1,000.

My point- big hp numbers don't mean anything unless it's applied in an advantageous way. there are math calculations that support what i'm saying so you all don't think i'm just making this up from my head.

yall got that?? huh?? :D

Last edited:
Supras

i hear this all the time from non ricers. What does a 300 hp, 500hp and 700hp supra have in commom. They all do a 13 in the quarter mile. Sounds true.

actually i read about supras in the 700hp range doing high to mid 10's. still seems like it should be running 9's with that kind of hp. takes em a while to get that power up. supras get very good 60ft times (i can't figure out why), but they also lag off the line and then catch up on the top- that's why they trap near 140mph for 10's. An SC will trap 120mph for high 10's (as in coy's car), proving that we have the low end advantage. theoretically, a 700hp supra and a 550hp SC that both run 10's will cross the line together, but the supra would be just catching up and passing the SC exactly at the 1/4 mile mark.

so... in the world of 10's, what good is having a 700hp supra if it can't rip a 10 sec. SC before the 1/4 mile? Just think they spend $30k+ in mods and upgrades to build up a supra, and it would take only $10k to build a 10 sec. SC to do the same thing. if anyone wants to have a real bada$$ supra, they should be shooting for 1,000+hp- then you can beat a turbo hayabusa :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, that's a cool story man.. as far as a 300, 500 and 700 hp supra's all runnin 13's???? are you crazy? I've seen a 650 hp supra run a high ten.. just has to be set up. also, on that note, I've watched a J-spec 240 SX that came from japan with stock turbo, dinoed about 275 run 12.9.. Boys, we are at a serious disadvantage when it comes to racing import cars. hmm.. with these thoughts, any of you looked into mods on a Supra??? BPU package is about 450 HP, capable of running 12's. Basically, I wouldn't put down this car, it really is a bad b*tch, just goes to saying that even though you have a nice car doesn't mean you can drive it.

i think supra is one of the best REAL sports cars on the road for the money. i think i would have one if i didn't have alot of family responsibilities to deal with. on the other hand, i'm getting too tired and old to be into that kind of stuff. supra is an awfully good lookin car, but the SC is a nice compromise, and it can be made into something special if you are careful and know what you're doin. :eek:

Back