PDA

View Full Version : Rear View Re-Silvering

Sweet90SC
06-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Anyone interested in haveing thier rear view mirror re-silvered (the one on the windshield) PM me or e-mail me @ sweeet90sc@earthlink.net......

Please note the 3 E's in sweet...

unclenick
06-02-2005, 06:44 PM
How's it coming along bro? I am very interested to see how it works!

Sweet90SC
06-02-2005, 09:23 PM
How's it coming along bro? I am very interested to see how it works!

Takes a bit to get done....see you tomorrow for lunch with pizza! :D

tcshum
06-05-2005, 02:24 PM
yes, I'm interested. How much?

Sweet90SC
06-06-2005, 02:24 AM
yes, I'm interested. How much?

The resilvering process and pricings are as follows;

$45.00 plus shipping with a $20.00 core charge. If you would like a quicker turnaround time just $65.00 plus shipping with no core, I do however prefer a core... If you would like your own personal mirror remanned the cost remains $45.00 plus shipping. Please note to resilver your personal mirror it will take more time as I will have to wait for delivery to begin the process. During this time I will also maintenance the mirror assembly to make sure the map lights,daylight/night time adjusts, etc are in good working condition. A service provided at no extra cost to you. In all cases these will be remanned mirrors but they do come with a 90 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Shipping costs unfortunatley cannot be recouped.

Please understand that these mirrors are "resilvered" a process that takes substancial time and care to make sure they are of the highest quality. Most of us, especially we who reside in the warmer climates have the same fade problem in the center area of the mirror and to get them resilvered correctley the mirror must be completely stripped and completly free from of any dust or contaminates. This ensures top quality. This is not a simple process and requires various expensive chemicals such as "Silver Nitrate" done in a temperature sensative controlled clean room environment. Resilvering should be done by someone that knows what they are doing or the result would be a subpar, poor quality product that I simply "WILL NOT SELL" . Our devotion to these cars deserves much better. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL I EVER ALLOW THE USE OF SHOTTY MIRRORED TINT BACKING... This looks tacky and will not last. I thank you for your inquirey and look forward to doing business with you as well as many of my fellow SCCOA members..

I have some first batches just about completed and will posting some before and after pictures soon for you to judge for yoursef the quality of my work.

Unfortunately I cannot control the carelessness the mail handeling shipments occasionally will go through, so I would strongly advise insurance when shipping. Also I would stress you exersize care when removing power to the old mirror as the connections can become brittle from sun damage. THESE CONNECTORS ARE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO REPLACE...

Many thanks for your inquirey,
Rick

XR7 Dave
06-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Are these also for the manual day/nite mirrors with the flip levers? Aren't those mirrors semi-transparent with a second reflective surface?

Sweet90SC
06-07-2005, 01:26 AM
Yea the mirror is the manual (flip type) they only have one silvering coating on the back. The difficulty is the glass itself is tapered...as soon as I get the silly digi cam to work I'll get ya a picture so you can see what I mean... ;)