'90 Sc Needs Help

SK_BlownThunder

I forgot to mention this in my last post but I am still having trouble with my ignition system. Here is my scenario:

I rebuilt the engine last summer,
Put the car on the road last fall,
Ran great, started great, then...

Crank damper broke right at the pan seal,-sheared off the crank bolt,
Replaced damper and crank position sensor all in one shot,

Went to crank engine and it seemed like the engine fired backwards, conking out the cranking process.

Tried a few more times and finally fired right up. Idles perfectly.
Later replaced cam position sensor, and still didn't fix the problem.

Now, it starts relatively well every time but still wants to conk out from time to time,

Sometimes, when accelerating quickly, engine seems to "jerk" once or twice, causing the whole car to jolt for a split second, NOT GOOD for the car.

I tried a new DIS module but new one won't even start the car. New plugs with good wires yet, new cam and crank position sensors, what could it be?

Check engine light will not come on when it does this and certified Ford diagnotstic computer will not pick up what is wrong. All guages read normal on the dash and computer does not test to be faulty or anything. I will try a new battery eventually in case it is a voltage problem, but I doubt it.

NEED HELP PLEASE! Thanks.

I second that idea.... i changed my HB and sensor and didn't check clearance and it ran great sometimes and would stall etc.

possible problem

I used the factory magnetic clearance strip that sticks to the fin on the inside of the HB. But you never know, it might not have been tightened up enough so when I find a stretch of time long enough I can have it in the shop, I just might check it out. For now I'll try a new battery because the Ford computer didn't diagnose the PIP signal, so technically that shouldn't be the problem. The last possible choice is a bad voltage. I can't see this becasue I am only running a 250 watt amp on my two tens with a 52x4 deck and 4 speakers, so this shouldn't affect it. Thanks!

Back