T-bird4vr
06-03-2005, 01:54 AM
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~julian/11.JPG
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~julian/22.JPG
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~julian/33.JPG

90blkbrd
06-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Wow!

Common more info: What size are they and what are you running now for rubber?

supercharged95
06-03-2005, 10:09 AM
niiiiiiiiiiiice julian!

forcfed93
06-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Those are so sweet .............

*** In a Jelious Tone *** Where do you get all that money?!?!?!? I wish I was a poor college student again!!!! :D :D :D

T-bird4vr
06-03-2005, 01:15 PM
They are a 255/40/19 $150 kumo. The cheapest tire I could find, I think they look ugly, but they hook up pretty well, surprisingly. lol.

Albee, they weren't much more than cobras, and I needed an extra set of wheels for snow/dr's. So that was where the justification came from. ;)

Screwloose
06-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Nice.

Good way to reserve a parking spot.

supercharged95
06-04-2005, 09:27 AM
i can't believe your car is actually clean :eek:

94SCBird
06-04-2005, 11:37 PM
nice rims julian! im jealous i'm lookin for a set like that in 18 or 19 what kind are they? and with the charger "modification" :p those tires probly wont last long when a nice lil honda rolls up beside ya lol

pablon2
06-08-2005, 09:45 AM
I hope that Lumina/Carlo parked next to you knows not to mess with you.

T-bird4vr
06-09-2005, 02:53 AM
ha ha, ya it has been a long time since I have been in a street race. All the cars I would like to, don't give the time of day. The hondas and stuff I wouldn't call racing. Every once in a while I will give them some throttle and blow past them but that is about it.

I know there are at least a couple fast sleeper imports here, but I haven't run into them yet. Maybe the wheels will attract their attenction quicker.

The rims are 19" ADR X-factors I got from Brad (cudaz). The wheels are the cheap part of the deal, then you have tires, mounting, shipping, install kit, lowering springs, (rear brakes NEED replaced), and I bought the PBR front calipers as well. I should really change the shocks as well, but not really looking forward to dropping 400 on some koni's. I think I have a front control arm bushing that is bad. I would like a bigger sway bar in the rear, and blah blah blah $$$. ;)

pablon2
06-09-2005, 07:09 AM
ha ha, ya it has been a long time since I have been in a street race. All the cars I would like to, don't give the time of day. The hondas and stuff I wouldn't call racing. Every once in a while I will give them some throttle and blow past them but that is about it.

I know there are at least a couple fast sleeper imports here, but I haven't run into them yet. Maybe the wheels will attract their attenction quicker.

The rims are 19" ADR X-factors I got from Brad (cudaz). The wheels are the cheap part of the deal, then you have tires, mounting, shipping, install kit, lowering springs, (rear brakes NEED replaced), and I bought the PBR front calipers as well. I should really change the shocks as well, but not really looking forward to dropping 400 on some koni's. I think I have a front control arm bushing that is bad. I would like a bigger sway bar in the rear, and blah blah blah $$$. ;)

I hear you on the $$. I've got the PBR callys waiting to go on. I did a complete suspension overhaul too. But, I figured it'll be good for another 100,000, unless of course the lowered Eibachs shorten the shock/strut life. I got 18" ADR Kasai from Brad. He is a great guy to work with.

forcfed93
06-09-2005, 09:41 AM
The wheels are the cheap part of the deal, then you have tires, mounting, shipping, install kit, lowering springs, (rear brakes NEED replaced), and I bought the PBR front calipers as well. I should really change the shocks as well, but not really looking forward to dropping 400 on some koni's. I think I have a front control arm bushing that is bad. I would like a bigger sway bar in the rear, and blah blah blah $$$. ;)
Julian,
I know what you're saying!

When I did the '93 I was in the same position. I changed out ALL of the front end parts, did the Eibachs, new tire and wheels plus had the rear pumpkin rebuilt. I remember thinking, "Man, thats a bunch of money .... but at least I'm not going to have to spend any more money on it for a long time".

The truth is, its only take about 20k miles to ware the tires down to half. I'm looking at the possibablity of replacing the tires next summer.

T-bird4vr
06-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Ya, you gotta support the SC guys as there aren't many of them watching out for us. Plus Brad is just a good guy as you said.

Mike, anymore I only plan on getting a year out of a set of tires, but I put on at least 20k a year. Maybe I can nurse some more out of these with using dr's at the track and snow tires in the winter. That should help quite a bit actually. My old bridgstone 750's went down quickly through the winter, I guess they weren't kidding when they said a summer only tire!

edit, I have the next 2 weeks off of school (inbetween summer courses) so I will get a couple fresh coats of zaino on there. The injectors are going in monday for sure, along with the t-stat gasket. The other thing I need to fix is the sagging drivers door, along with the other stuff I mentioned. I bet I could easly kill an entire week on this thing cleaning and fixing lol.

supercharged95
06-10-2005, 04:09 PM
it takes me 8hrs from start to finish completely detailing mine :eek:

Screwloose
06-10-2005, 04:16 PM
it takes me 8hrs from start to finish completely detailing mine :eek:

How long do you go between detailings?

supercharged95
06-11-2005, 01:15 PM
the 8hr is done twice a season. once when i take the car out of the garage and once before i put it back in for winter. basically what takes forever is the 3step waxing process.

without going into detail here's what i do(all by hand of course; no buffers for me):
wash the car with dawn soap
then
clay bar the car(while wet)
then
wash the car with meguir's gold class car wash
dry the car, then start waxing:
1. 'cleaner' wax
2.'polishing' wax
3. 'protectant' wax

T-bird4vr
06-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Jeez, you clay bar your car twice a year? That is pretty hardcore man.

supercharged95
06-12-2005, 01:15 PM
i'm tryin to do everything in my power to keep my paint looking decent.... my car needs a repaint bad :(

Screwloose
06-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Claying your car twice a year is insane, :)