dubs minus 1

T-bird4vr

11.JPG

22.JPG

33.JPG

Those are so sweet .............

*** In a Jelious Tone *** Where do you get all that money?!?!?!? I wish I was a poor college student again!!!! :D :D :D

They are a 255/40/19 $150 kumo. The cheapest tire I could find, I think they look ugly, but they hook up pretty well, surprisingly. lol.

Albee, they weren't much more than cobras, and I needed an extra set of wheels for snow/dr's. So that was where the justification came from. ;)

nice rims julian! im jealous i'm lookin for a set like that in 18 or 19 what kind are they? and with the charger "modification" :p those tires probly wont last long when a nice lil honda rolls up beside ya lol

ha ha, ya it has been a long time since I have been in a street race. All the cars I would like to, don't give the time of day. The hondas and stuff I wouldn't call racing. Every once in a while I will give them some throttle and blow past them but that is about it.

I know there are at least a couple fast sleeper imports here, but I haven't run into them yet. Maybe the wheels will attract their attenction quicker.

The rims are 19" ADR X-factors I got from Brad (cudaz). The wheels are the cheap part of the deal, then you have tires, mounting, shipping, install kit, lowering springs, (rear brakes NEED replaced), and I bought the PBR front calipers as well. I should really change the shocks as well, but not really looking forward to dropping 400 on some koni's. I think I have a front control arm bushing that is bad. I would like a bigger sway bar in the rear, and blah blah blah $$$. ;)

T-bird4vr said:
ha ha, ya it has been a long time since I have been in a street race. All the cars I would like to, don't give the time of day. The hondas and stuff I wouldn't call racing. Every once in a while I will give them some throttle and blow past them but that is about it.

I know there are at least a couple fast sleeper imports here, but I haven't run into them yet. Maybe the wheels will attract their attenction quicker.

The rims are 19" ADR X-factors I got from Brad (cudaz). The wheels are the cheap part of the deal, then you have tires, mounting, shipping, install kit, lowering springs, (rear brakes NEED replaced), and I bought the PBR front calipers as well. I should really change the shocks as well, but not really looking forward to dropping 400 on some koni's. I think I have a front control arm bushing that is bad. I would like a bigger sway bar in the rear, and blah blah blah $$$. ;)

I hear you on the $$. I've got the PBR callys waiting to go on. I did a complete suspension overhaul too. But, I figured it'll be good for another 100,000, unless of course the lowered Eibachs shorten the shock/strut life. I got 18" ADR Kasai from Brad. He is a great guy to work with.

T-bird4vr said:
The wheels are the cheap part of the deal, then you have tires, mounting, shipping, install kit, lowering springs, (rear brakes NEED replaced), and I bought the PBR front calipers as well. I should really change the shocks as well, but not really looking forward to dropping 400 on some koni's. I think I have a front control arm bushing that is bad. I would like a bigger sway bar in the rear, and blah blah blah $$$. ;)
Julian,
I know what you're saying!

When I did the '93 I was in the same position. I changed out ALL of the front end parts, did the Eibachs, new tire and wheels plus had the rear pumpkin rebuilt. I remember thinking, "Man, thats a bunch of money .... but at least I'm not going to have to spend any more money on it for a long time".

The truth is, its only take about 20k miles to ware the tires down to half. I'm looking at the possibablity of replacing the tires next summer.

Ya, you gotta support the SC guys as there aren't many of them watching out for us. Plus Brad is just a good guy as you said.

Mike, anymore I only plan on getting a year out of a set of tires, but I put on at least 20k a year. Maybe I can nurse some more out of these with using dr's at the track and snow tires in the winter. That should help quite a bit actually. My old bridgstone 750's went down quickly through the winter, I guess they weren't kidding when they said a summer only tire!

edit, I have the next 2 weeks off of school (inbetween summer courses) so I will get a couple fresh coats of zaino on there. The injectors are going in monday for sure, along with the t-stat gasket. The other thing I need to fix is the sagging drivers door, along with the other stuff I mentioned. I bet I could easly kill an entire week on this thing cleaning and fixing lol.

Last edited:
the 8hr is done twice a season. once when i take the car out of the garage and once before i put it back in for winter. basically what takes forever is the 3step waxing process.

without going into detail here's what i do(all by hand of course; no buffers for me):
wash the car with dawn soap
then
clay bar the car(while wet)
then
wash the car with meguir's gold class car wash
dry the car, then start waxing:
1. 'cleaner' wax
2.'polishing' wax
3. 'protectant' wax

Back