Alarm and VMM

90XR7Cougar5spd

On my alarm it actually does set, then about 1 to 2 min. of the alarm setting, it goes off by its self. On my VMM its getting power but nothing is on the display, it was in the glove box when i got the car, and ideas on whats wrong with these two things??????? Thanks to anyone who can help me :D

Alarm - Unplug the connector to the anti-theft electrical switch which is part of the trunk lock cylinder. The switch is probably shorted to ground, causing the alarm to trip soon after it is armed.
VMM - It gets power through the 15 amp RUN fuse, the 5 amp MEMORY fuse, and the display gets power through the 5 amp INST PNL fuse. If all the other instruments in the car and their illumination work, then I would suspect the VMM itself.

J.D. said:
Alarm - Unplug the connector to the anti-theft electrical switch which is part of the trunk lock cylinder. The switch is probably shorted to ground, causing the alarm to trip soon after it is armed.
VMM - It gets power through the 15 amp RUN fuse, the 5 amp MEMORY fuse, and the display gets power through the 5 amp INST PNL fuse. If all the other instruments in the car and their illumination work, then I would suspect the VMM itself.

Where exactly is this connector i looked for it last night thinking that might be my problem and i couldnt find, maybe i wasnt looking hard enought, i tend to do that sometimes.

There should be two wires running to the lock cylinder - black and brown/white. The connector may plug into the back end of the cylinder itself or may be a few inches away. Just follow the wires from the cylinder.

Back