aod 3-4 acumulator gone?

creeperxr7

my tranny took the pan off to change the filter and noticed that the 3-4 accumulator was gone . now is it gone or did ford leave that one out for some reason....just want to make shure so if it does replace it before anything goes wrong... and what is it for anyways.. :confused:

Yeah you don't need it; as in ford left it out form the factory, just for clarification....

This worried me at one point too!!!

sizemoremk said:
Yeah you don't need it; as in ford left it out form the factory, just for clarification....

so im taking it off cause since i put it on it wont go into overdrive.

sizemoremk said:

so im taking it off cause since i put it on it wont go into overdrive.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Dang!!!

I hoe that is the casue of the problem, and there is no permanant damage!

Some folks believe changing the fluid is bad in high mleage transmission becasue the particles in the fluid help engage the clutches, and I guess perhapd the OD band...

I hope this wasn't true in your case!!!

Rebuilding the AOD is a messy job but doable if you have any permanant damage...

Good luck!

ok still no overdrive..... adjusted the tv pressure to 5 psi at idle in nuetral..checked line pressure in all ranges --- reverse 85...nuetral 65psi..... od,d,1 .....65 psi.they are all within spec... i replaced the od. band.. forward friction plates ......and intermidiate friction plates......and 2-3 accumulator...and reverse band...every gear is perfect, shift feel., downshifts etc. just wont go into od.. any suggestions .. i kinda ran out ... o also new torque converter.. :confused:

no, at least i dont think. After puting in band in it stayed in place and i pressed on servo and watched the band tighten unless i missed something.

Back