Anyone have camber problems?

BlueThunder90

I lowered my 90SC 2" and no I realise I have a slight camber problem and my tires are running on the inside and uneven.

I've been unable to find a camber kit for my car. Does anyone have any experience fixing a camber problem?

Steve, is it the front or rear that you're having trouble with ? When we lowered my 95 with Eibachs, once it was settled in it had too much neagtive camber, and there wasn't enough adjustment range on the right rear to make it anything less than about -1 deg. camber. So we slotted the hole slightly on the upper control arm where it attaches to the spindle, allowing us to bring out the top of the spindle a bit and get the camber back to a reasonable setting that won't take the insides off of the tires. On the front end, I'm sure there's a creative way of reducing the negative camber as well if it's a problem. Unlike some cars (I'm thinking Mustangs here), the MN-12 cars do not need much negative camber to handle well. Even when I go open-tracking with mine on Hoosier road-race radials, I run about -0.75 to -1.0 degree camber on the front, and between -0.3 to -0.5 on the rear.

cheers
Ed Nicholson

I recently found I have a possible front end problem on 2 of my SCs....the tire wear was actually very good.....about 50K miles on Firestone SE?30s and the other has a Cooper something....

but the strange thing is that the inside of the tire, about only an inch and a half worth, looks as if it had been rubbing on something. On the one set it's down just to the cord....bummer, I could have possibly got another 10K out of them.

I've never seen anything like this....the tire is otherwise worn very flat....as if there is no real angular problem.

Does the SC front end, when out of camber....cause this very pronounced "inside edge wear"????

Back