Super Charger Bearing noise

uwillbow2me

The bearings in the super charger on my '90 are making noise according to my mechanic. The car has 84,000 origonal miles. It was garaged for three years proir to my owning it. Is this noise a sure sign of super charger failure and if so how much to fix. I'm told I should have a professional do it but could I do it myself and not muck it up? How much will it cost me to have a professional rebuild it. Help please

Yes you can rebuild it yourself if you have some good basic abilities and tools to remove & replace your supercharger. Access to a press would also help a lot. SC Performance was rebuilding them for around 200 plus core. I have all of the parts you need and the How to info for about 1/4 of that but you will have to contact me directly. I haven't heard of one seizing or anything as long as it has oil but if left as it is, it will just get louder. If it gets to loud, you can always remove the belt.

b4 you pull out your wallet--check the fluid level
in ur blower--ive heard them make noise when the level
is low--not that that is good
g/l

Blower noise

Your front seal is out also. Quick fix: Lucas power steering oil. Works great, stops noise and you will leak no more oil. But untill the Lucas swells up the seal, wipe the oil that will sling out from behind the blower pulley, so it won't soften the other hoses.

So does anyone know if there is a kit available? Or are the parts ordered separately?
Just wondering as I need to rebuild one..

Tony

89 Cougar XR7 (In work)
90 Tbird SC (Needs paint)
91 Tbird 5.0 (Needs rebuild)
94 Tbird 3.8 (Daily driver)
95 Tbird 4.6 (Girlfriends)

Thx for the fast reply. Will be ordering them Sat.

Tony

89 Cougar XR7 (In work)
90 Tbird SC (Needs paint)
91 Tbird 5.0 (Needs rebuild)
94 Tbird 3.8 (Daily driver)
95 Tbird 4.6 (Girlfriends)

Back