PDA

View Full Version : Fix or part out?

tim
06-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Welll I again face the prospect of either rebuilding my engine and spending about $1500 on this car again or call it quits and part it out. I really dont know if I have the mental energy to put all the time back into this car again. With my daughter getting maried this fall the money is not there either. Right now I really hate this car! :mad:

XR7 Dave
06-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Welll I again face the prospect of either rebuilding my engine and spending about $1500 on this car again or call it quits and part it out. I really dont know if I have the mental energy to put all the time back into this car again. With my daughter getting maried this fall the money is not there either. Right now I really hate this car! :mad: Why, what's the problem?

tim
06-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Well I had so much blow by it was pushing the dipstick out. Did a compression and leakdown bad news. Low compression in 3 cyclinders and on the leakdown in was leakinking back into the intake. Pulled the heads off and low and behold the machine shop- engine builder has so much clearance in the pistons you can drop a quarter alongside the piston and cyclinder wall. Havent pulled the short block out yet to check the skirt clearance but if the top is any indication It dont look good. When I get time I will pull the short block out and check it out. If its what I think it is than it will be another $1000 to $1500 to put it back to where it was. :mad:

T-bird4vr
06-09-2005, 02:36 AM
Have them fix it for free then, if it is there mess up.