direct replacement

MySCRocket1203

my mastercylinder is now leaking about a pint of brake fluid every 3 days i want to loose this thing and go with something more reliable my cars a 1990 what would be a direct replacement for our car say out of a lincoln or mustang im not concerned for abs cuz mines not working now any way i did a search but couldnt find a straight forward answer thanks in advance

Do a search of the forums on ABS conversion. I followed the instructions on a post by JVO to convert to regular brakes. Use the vacuum booster from a non-abs 1990 t-bird and the master cylinder from a 1993 Crown vic. The only pitfall is that you have to find a pushrod of the right length-I think my shop made a custom one.

Well, if you do decide to do the conversion, I should have some of the parts you'll need in stock. Just send me an email at rodsv6cougar@cs.com with a list of the parts you're looking for.

-Rod

MySCRocket1203 said:
my mastercylinder is now leaking about a pint of brake fluid every 3 days i want to loose this thing and go with something more reliable my cars a 1990 what would be a direct replacement for our car say out of a lincoln or mustang im not concerned for abs cuz mines not working now any way i did a search but couldnt find a straight forward answer thanks in advance

Have you inspected where the leak is originating from? I had a bad leak that eventually got worse. It turned out to the the hose and the bottom of the reservoir that connects to the pump. I replaced the hose and everything is fine.

Back