SC Engine Blown Up...Maybe...

SK_BlownThunder

I just recently raced my stock SC at some 100' drags in Cupar, SK last weekend. Two days later (today) I was hitting the on ramp onto the highway to head home and I heard a loud "wooshing sound" like a high pressure spray of air or something down in front of the firewall. I even heard it over the stereo from inside the cab.

haven't looked at it yet but figured I'll post a thread just to see what everyone might think. My oil pressure guage dropped like a rock, the red oil light in the bottom right hand corner of the dash came on, and I could not tell for sure if the engine shut itself off or if I actually shut it off when I turned off the ignition. Do these things have an auto-turn off feature to shut off the engine if oil pressure drops? As I said, I could not quite tell what exactly happened but there is no fluids on the ground or oil spray on the ground. I checked the oil and it seemed like it was still full.

Tell me what you guys think!

You didn't mention if you could restart.

Check your coolant level and for oil.

Check your oil level and for coolant.

Check your balancer on the front of the crankshaft, make sure the bolt is there.

Back