Stock 90' SC

the1nonlyb

My stock 90' T-Bird SC 4speed auto went 15.718 @ 85.13mph in the quarter mile at st. thomas dragway last weekend. Only think we have done to it is removed two of the three mufflers. Straight pipe's out da back. :)

I have the CLEAR Time Slips printed from the tower too. Not the ****** et shack ones..........

ST. THOMAS DRAGWAY!!! THE PLACE TO RACE IN ONTARIO!

How do you have the pipes run without interferring with the rear ground moulding? How do they sound? I'm just curious. That is about what stock autos should be getting. Good luck with it. I have a 90 SC 5-speed, soon to modding a little but still my daily driver. Havn't got any 1/4 mile times yet but plan to start here later this summer.

Brett

geigerb said:
How do you have the pipes run without interferring with the rear ground moulding?

Brett

I would hope he has turn-down style tips like the stock ones. I for one really hate seeing people cut up the rear bumper on the SC's for their exhaust tips(I suppose it would be ok if you can do body work and make it look professional/actually mold in cut-outs...but I prefer not to see the tips on these cars...looks cleaner that way).

mfewtrail said:
I would hope he has turn-down style tips like the stock ones. I for one really hate seeing people cut up the rear bumper on the SC's for their exhaust tips(I suppose it would be ok if you can do body work and make it look professional/actually mold in cut-outs...but I prefer not to see the tips on these cars...looks cleaner that way).

agreed.. but most people can't do bodywork and end up ruining thier cars looks for alittle more power gain... too bad :(

they are pretty much the stock pipes. I think it looks good.

Today I ran a 15.577 in it! a 2.141 short time!

a stock SC running 15.577! I must be the next john force :p

the1nonlyb said:
they are pretty much the stock pipes. I think it looks good.

Today I ran a 15.577 in it! a 2.141 short time!

a stock SC running 15.577! I must be the next john force :p
i wonder if i got him beat :D never ran my stock SC 1/4 mile, but at the 1/8 mile track i ran a 9.567 at 73.65 mph with a 2.317 60 ft....(gross) wonder what that would equate to 1/4 mile? and everyone's cars were running slow that day for some reason. FACTORY FREAK!!! lol

well, I dont think the car will be running 15s for long. :p Got a local Ford Performace Shop making us a new transmission as we speak. AOD, 2400 stall converter, It was in a high 10 second mustang last year...

and seeing as its at the track EVERY weekend, by the begining of next year, itll be one hell of a Honda Eaten, 5.0 Beaten, Supercoupin machine. :) 15.5s are too slow for me.

all the other 60s on my 15.5 day were 2.25s 2.3s and a few 2.40s.

15.438 @ 92.37mph last night :p

still stock, untill this week when the tranny is being rebuilt, stage 3 shift kit, 2400 stall converter.... hopefully it will get me into the 14s.

we for nothing being done to the car. and it sitting for 3 years then us beating on it at the track, It broke back in pretty good. here's to show how we progressed not making ANY mods except replacing the supercharger fluids...

15.718 @ 85.13mph

15.577 @ 89.7 a 2.141 short time!

15.438 @ 92.37mph

now its at CONSISTANT 15.4s and 3s

best is a 15.359 @ 90.3

best 660' is 9.957 :)

Back