getting computer out

pbdevastator

well teh book instructions simply say remove panel, pull computer out, then pull harness off. another set of instructions say there is a bolt holding computer in which i cant see. is there an easier method im missing here or did any of you have a problem with this?

Loosen the bolt on the connector and then unplug the connector from the EEC. Remove the bolt for the white plastic bracket that holds the EEC. Then bend the bracket out of the way and slide the EEC down.

Attachments

• EEC removal.jpg
    EEC removal.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 91
among other things the harness will not come out, i guess god is trying to tell me no im not ever driving this car again.

pbdevastator said:
i guess god is trying to tell me no im not ever driving this car again.

Yes I feel the same way right now.......

But ona lighter note there is a good write up here Hypertech. Just ignore the part about installing the chip. Hope that helps. Good Luck.

yep thats exactly what i needed to see. lol. still having an issue with the harness and there seems to be something else holding the computer up there that i cant find yet.

It is a whole lot easier to see everything if you remove the glovebox. It isn't a big deal to remove. Then you can see everything.

Back