PDA

View Full Version : !~Transmission Coolers~!

SilverCasket
06-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Anyway. .. The drama continues. .. There's lots of info online already. But here are some finds I've located. ...

Any opinion's on the following?

Derale Cooler 30,000 lbs (http://www.tsscoolers.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WGPS&Product_Code=1679&Category_Code=haydentransaver)

Coper Racing Trans Cooler 28,000 Lbs (http://www.coperacingtrans.com/coolers.htm)

Or the one at the bottom of this page

Advanced Design's Trans Cooler 28,000 lbs (http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product?storeId=10101&Pr=p_Product.CATENTRY_ID%3A2000992&TID=8014524&productId=2000992&catalogId=10101)

I've got to stop the bleeding at some point with this car. .. Just cost me over almost a grand from Lentech to get anthoer hardened input shaft & supposedly a stronger drum. ... The stage 1 shaft EXPLODED in there & took out some components with it. .. So, take a look above & let me know your thoughts. .. And some suggestions of your own as well.

Anthony

Dirtyd0g
06-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33727&item=7978739476&rd=1) is the perfect cooler.
I hope you decided to put a 1 piece input shaft in this time.
:)
I am not a fan of direct drive shafts no matter how expensive they are they are still a long thin shaft.
Alan

SilverCasket
06-08-2005, 06:45 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that's what Lentech put in. A Hardened 1-piece input shaft on their Street Term Plus. .... Still Blew It Up! No Clue. .... But, I could be wrong.

And Damn. .. 40,000lbs ... That does sound like an attraction. I've never heard of the company though... But if it does cool that well, then I'll bet it's what I need.

Anthony

J.D.
06-08-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm happy with my 18000 GVW TRU-COOLs. I think that the 40000 GVW model is overkill. It may make the transmission run too cold, is too big to easily install in an SC, and is more expensive.

Jason Wild
06-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Anthony
Hows the oil pump on your transmission if it not been replaced it might be the problem not moving the oil it needs to be.
Just an idea.

392Bird
06-08-2005, 08:53 PM
If you are using a non lockup, and a 3,000 rpm or above stall converter, you can use that 40,000 gvw cooler, and still want more. I have (2) 24,000 B&M coolers, and still see some higher trans temps than I like. In 90 degree heat yesterday on the Hot Rod Power Tour in the hills around Nashville mine got to 210-220 for a longer time than I would of liked. High stall and non-lockup really generates the heat.

SilverCasket
06-08-2005, 09:12 PM
With a big tube & fin, I'm hitting 210+ after any ride that's more than 30 minutes. Hard or soft. .. Stall is about 2600. .. I know someone else here with a similar setup uses the 2 24000 B&M's as well & it runs well. .. I'm digging the 40k GVW in 1 cooler setup & have plenty of room for it. But I'm wonder whether they really are true to the ratings. If so, then I'm hoping it works out good.

Anthony

sail7seas
06-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Fluid cooler with a fan?
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=%2D113081

Kurt K
06-09-2005, 12:03 AM
If you are using a non lockup, and a 3,000 rpm or above stall converter, you can use that 40,000 gvw cooler, and still want more. I have (2) 24,000 B&M coolers, and still see some higher trans temps than I like. In 90 degree heat yesterday on the Hot Rod Power Tour in the hills around Nashville mine got to 210-220 for a longer time than I would of liked. High stall and non-lockup really generates the heat. I saw similar temps with my Setrab CP 920 cooler, although I never saw anything above 210 and if I dropped to 70 mph, the temp would start dropping. I know, at least in my case, that a little additional ducting to and from the cooler location in my fender would fix the problem. I couldn't find a picture, but you can see one in this PDF (http://www.setrab.com/downloads/Racing.pdf). I don't see anything on their site that lists GVW's of their coolers, but I know I've been very happy.

I'm sure the 40,000 GVW cooler will work well, it just depends on where you mount it.

Here's a place selling the exact cooler I have, 920FP8. http://www.bakerprecision.com/setrab1.htm

SilverCasket
06-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Well, I've done it. Picked up the 40k GVW .. If this doesn't work, I don't know what will .. But at any rate, I'm also going to take a look at the pump. Could be, but I would hope that isn't the problem. .. Check into that today. Just hope they ship this Cooler soon. Like to be up & @ the track next week.

Long Tru- Cool LPD Transmission Cooler- 40,000 GVW (4739)
TRU-COOL LPD LOW PRESSURE DROP OIL COOLERS offer 15 Times Less Flow Restriction and 30% More Cooling. TRU-COOL LPD Outperforms all other coolers. Compared to conventional tube and fin oil coolers, TRU-COOL's LPD patented stacked plate design offers the lowest flow restriction and the greatest heat transfer in the smallest possible package. Self regulating for maximum lube flow protection through cold start-up, varied temperatures and driving conditions, heavy loads and towing. Durable brazed aluminum construction and a lifetime warranty makes TRU-COOL the best choice for any application. This is the same cooler that many OEM's use on new vehicles. (Includes installation kit). Measures 8 1/2x 23x 1 1/4 thick. Perfect for trucks that do heavy hauling.

Anthony

David Neibert
06-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Well, I've done it. Picked up the 40k GVW .. If this doesn't work, I don't know what will .. But at any rate, I'm also going to take a look at the pump. Could be, but I would hope that isn't the problem. .. Check into that today. Just hope they ship this Cooler soon. Like to be up & @ the track next week.

Anthony

Anthony,

If you can find a place to mount it, I think that one will do the job nicely. The stacked plate design is much more efficient than the tube and fin.

David

SilverCasket
06-10-2005, 01:49 PM
.. Ok now. ... The cooler's on order. The new stuff is on it's way from Canada. ... .

Now, when it goes together, I was told that using Synthetic will also make a world of difference in temps? ..

Anyone have input on Synthetic vs. conventional.

Anthony

Randy N Connie
06-10-2005, 06:26 PM
I run synthetic in my new lentech.TWO coolers one with a
fan.Did one burn out at St LOUIS WFC and got thrown out
of the show.Did two manual shifts with OD locked out ,shifted
at 4200 RPMs.Babyed this worthless AOD for 1700 miles.Now it slips.

I pulled out of the shop.It slipped for about 50 feet.worked
perfect when I parked it.Backed back into the shop.Check
the fluild level,checked the tv ajustment.check the pressure
port,everthing was perfect.Fired it back up.And this
wothless peice off **** shifts and works perfect again.

Do yourself a favor,pull the AOD and throw the worthless peice
of**** in the weeds.

Have I ever told ya, I hate auto trannys with a OD.
Number 5 coming up.NOT!!!

RANDY

jonroe
06-10-2005, 06:43 PM
I just hate autos in general, especially the modern ones. They're getting too cute and fragile. My wife has had transmission troubles twice in her Acura TL-S including a new transmission under warrantee at 28,000 miles. Usually, they're a pain in the ***. The old mechanical Ford C6 I had in my 70 Bird with the full power 429 never got touched in 220,000 miles. I try to go stick whenever I can.

Jon

Dirtyd0g
06-11-2005, 01:25 AM
I run synthetic in my new lentech.TWO coolers one with a
fan.Did one burn out at St LOUIS WFC and got thrown out
of the show.Did two manual shifts with OD locked out ,shifted
at 4200 RPMs.Babyed this worthless AOD for 1700 miles.Now it slips.

I pulled out of the shop.It slipped for about 50 feet.worked
perfect when I parked it.Backed back into the shop.Check
the fluild level,checked the tv ajustment.check the pressure
port,everthing was perfect.Fired it back up.And this
wothless peice off **** shifts and works perfect again.

Do yourself a favor,pull the AOD and throw the worthless peice
of**** in the weeds.

Have I ever told ya, I hate auto trannys with a OD.
Number 5 coming up.NOT!!!

RANDY

OMG man I'm sorry about your luck. If it makes you feel any better I hate these tranny's too. I think I'd rather have a c4 :rolleyes:

Dirtyd0g
06-11-2005, 01:27 AM
I just hate autos in general, especially the modern ones. They're getting too cute and fragile. My wife has had transmission troubles twice in her Acura TL-S including a new transmission under warrantee at 28,000 miles. Usually, they're a pain in the ***. The old mechanical Ford C6 I had in my 70 Bird with the full power 429 never got touched in 220,000 miles. I try to go stick whenever I can.

Jon

Thats comparing apples to raisins. C6's were bulletproof but they weigh too much to be the best option for us. Acura tranny's are just FWD crap like all the rest. There are no good FWD transmissions. The best was probably the old riviera 425 unit.
Alan

SilverCasket
06-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Ok. Back to the original question? ~ ! :o

Now, when it goes together, I was told that using Synthetic will also make a world of difference in temps? ..

David Neibert
06-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Ok. Back to the original question? ~ ! :o

Anthony,

I have no idea...I just use the standard Mercon Dextron stinky red stuff. The AOD is the least of my worries...I beat on that thing constantly and it's like a Timex that just keeps on ticking.

The only gripe I've got about the Lentech AOD in the turbo car is that with stock rear end gears, the shift points are higher (mph) than I would like. It doesn't shift into OD until about 65 mph. And the cast pan is difficult to seal (needs a thicker rubber gasket).

David

SilverCasket
06-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Dave. Talk about when you use the OD Delete button? Is every stop it's on delete & only take out once at highway speeds? Or can you cruise without the delete on & as long as you don't shift into OD with power, then your OK?

I'm confused how I blew it apart.
ANthony

David Neibert
06-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Dave. Talk about when you use the OD Delete button? Is every stop it's on delete & only take out once at highway speeds? Or can you cruise without the delete on & as long as you don't shift into OD with power, then your OK?

I'm confused how I blew it apart.
ANthony

Anthony,

Since my car doesn't shift into OD until about 50 mph at light throttle, I only use the OD delete switch when racing or on the dyno. Occasionally I'll manually shift the gears for a little fun, but usually I just put the lever in the OD position and let it shift itself.

I don't have any problems with my OD band because I very seldom get on the throttle hard in overdrive. If I'm going to run it hard at highway speeds most of the time I'll delete OD to downshift it to third, but sometimes (if I want to bark the tires) I'll just nail the throttle and after it downshifts to 3rd I flip the OD delete switch so it won't upshift.

I can get up to about 130 in third before hitting the rev limiter, so that's plenty fast for me.

David

Randy N Connie
06-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Lentech QUOTES
Overdrive should remain locked out until at freeway speed.

Overdrive is allways limited to 400ft/lbs in any OD.

Randy

SilverCasket
06-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Alright Cool. That helps fellas. ...

Now Dave, one thing I'm curious of. And there maybe no definitive answer, but thoughts are useful. ... If I'm in OD & it was an easy shift there. Not powering in. Now I'm cruising about 80-90 & decide to smash on it a bit. Not enough to downshift, but staying in OD & using a lot of power while I'm in it. .. That's bad for it to, right? ... Or is it OK to use full on power in OD & it's only bad to make shifts at high power level?

I hope that came out right. It's a confusing thing for me on this trans. .. I don't know if it is only bad to do shifts with power, or if also putting power to it in OD.

Anthony

Randy N Connie
06-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Lentech quote above says that the OD will NOT take 400lbs of
torque on ANY of there OD band equipped transmissions..

The first AOD I burnt up was the OD.This was my fault for flooring
the car while shifted into OD.I did it once and the OD was gone.
I made a dragrace style pass while shift selector was set in OD.

Lentech says to never push the electric button to lock OD out
while in OD.This could and will damage OD soleniod.You should
slow down, and wait until your car is in a gear lower than overdrive
to push your button to lockout overdrive.
You are not supposed to use to electric OD button to down shift.

But it is OK to push electric button to UNLOCK the OD band so
trans can then shift up into overdrive.When you get up to
cruising speed.

RANDY

David Neibert
06-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Lentech quote above says that the OD will NOT take 400lbs of
torque on ANY of there OD band equipped transmissions..

The first AOD I burnt up was the OD.This was my fault for flooring
the car while shifted into OD.I did it once and the OD was gone.
I made a dragrace style pass while shift selector was set in OD.

Lentech says to never push the electric button to lock OD out
while in OD.This could and will damage OD soleniod.You should
slow down, and wait until your car is in a gear lower than overdrive
to push your button to lockout overdrive.
You are not supposed to use to electric OD button to down shift.

But it is OK to push electric button to UNLOCK the OD band so
trans can then shift up into overdrive.When you get up to
cruising speed.

RANDY

Woops...guess I've been doing it wrong all this time. If deleting OD after I'm already there is bad for the transmission, I guess I'll just let it downshift itself and bark the tires.

Maybe I should actually read that Lentech owners manual :o

David

Kurt K
06-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Maybe I should actually read that Lentech owners manual :o

DavidThere's an owners manual??? :D Maybe that's been Randy's problem all along :rolleyes:

Randy N Connie
06-13-2005, 07:47 AM
There's an owners manual??? :D Maybe that's been Randy's problem all along :rolleyes:

And my manual has been usless to follow.

Randy
:)

Rob Noth
06-13-2005, 03:39 PM
You should slow down, and wait until your car is in a gear lower than overdrive to push your button to lockout overdrive. You are not supposed to use to electric OD button to down shift. :eek: :confused: :eek:
Reading that made me instantly happy that I went with Art Carr instead of Lentech. And there haven't been many things about Art Carr that made me happy. There are lots of times when you want to force a OD-D downshift without slowing down and waiting for the transmission, or using a full-throttle kickdown. I'm surprised Lentech can't do that.

SilverCasket
06-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Rob, I think that's when Randy is refering to a 400+ftlb TQ being a problem for any OD. . .. That maybe where the problem is. It may not just be Lentech specific. .. Because I bet I can blow up and AODead. :o

Anthony

Randy N Connie
06-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Rob, I think that's when Randy is refering to a 400+ftlb TQ being a problem for any OD. . .. That maybe where the problem is. It may not just be Lentech specific. .. Because I bet I can blow up and AODead. :o

Anthony

Yes you right Anthony.Lentech was refuring to all 2'' OD bands
not just theres.

This is the exact wording.
Overdrive however is always limited to 400ft/lbs in any AOD.

Manual
page 22.OPERATION. listed under STRIP TERMINATOR.

Not tring to highjack your post.Just tring to understand
if I am also doing something wrong,or I am having expensive
bad luck also.I am leaning toward rottin luck.I don't think
its a Lentech problem.

Thanks Randy

Dirtyd0g
06-13-2005, 05:42 PM
:eek: :confused: :eek:
Reading that made me instantly happy that I went with Art Carr instead of Lentech. And there haven't been many things about Art Carr that made me happy. There are lots of times when you want to force a OD-D downshift without slowing down and waiting for the transmission, or using a full-throttle kickdown. I'm surprised Lentech can't do that.

Don't compare Art Carr to Lentech. Lentech at least trys to make an aod a good transmission.
Alan

SilverCasket
06-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Alright. .. The cooler came in. With all excitement & open it up. .. It has fins, but it's got plates? Does that mean it's a Plate & Fin cooler? Or because the plates are stacked on top of each other, is that the reason for the name? Either way they are saying 40k GVW. .. So I'm hoping this works as I'm ready to put the trans back up.

Anthony

Rob Noth
06-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Don't compare Art Carr to Lentech. Lentech at least trys to make an aod a good transmission.
AlanWell that's a little excessive, there are tons of people here running Art Carr transmissions, and if anything I've seen more complaints posted from Lentech people. I could complain all day about Art Carr's shipping department, but anyway for $1000 less than a similarly built Lentech, they make a good transmission.

Kurt K
06-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Well that's a little excessive, there are tons of people here running Art Carr transmissions, and if anything I've seen more complaints posted from Lentech people. I could complain all day about Art Carr's shipping department, but anyway for $1000 less than a similarly built Lentech, they make a good transmission.
The money is the only reason I'm running an Art Carr. For the most part, I've been happy, but I am changing to a Lentech VB w/ OD delete. I just don't like the way Art Carr does it.

As for more complaints from Lentech people, if you weed out all of Randy's problems, there aren't that many. Sorry Randy, but you are cursed!

Dirtyd0g
06-17-2005, 05:31 PM
Well that's a little excessive, there are tons of people here running Art Carr transmissions, and if anything I've seen more complaints posted from Lentech people. I could complain all day about Art Carr's shipping department, but anyway for $1000 less than a similarly built Lentech, they make a good transmission.

For the most part Art Carr puts some crappy alto clutches into the transmission with a shift kit. Lentech pretty much redesigned the whole thing.
There is a night and day difference in the two things. As with all transmissions stuff happens. Anyone who builds transmissions and tells you they have never had problems is lying. The best way I have found to deal with it is to expect problems all along and just smile when they don't happen. Most of the problems I have personally seen from Lentech seem to be converter related. If you take apart a Lentech Transmission you will know without a doubt it is a Lentech. If you take apart an Art Carr all you will know is that it has been rebuilt before.
Alan

Randy N Connie
06-17-2005, 06:36 PM
I got mine fixed.It was just a couple bolt loose in the valve body.
I just change the fluild,retorque the bolts around the valve body.
Works great again. :)

So if I am the only whinner for Lentech ,Kurt.
Not any more.LENTECHS RULES again. :D

I don't know why anyone would buy a
artcarr tranny. :p

Thanks Randy

SilverCasket
06-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Well, funny as it is, Lentech's VB isn't too complicated. .. They use a AODE VB & stategically place their drill holes. ... Didn't know that before.

And from my Level 10 to Lentech, I did notice a wake up in the car's performance.

Anthony

MikeKanterakis
06-17-2005, 11:50 PM
That's why I say, "J.B.I.Y.D.S."

Just build it your damn self.

pronounced, JAy-Bids

SilverCasket
06-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Just to note. The trans is in & the 40k GVW fit's wonderfully under our hood & I sat at 150* even beating the ~~~~~ out of it for about 50 miles. ... It wouldn't normally even take a ride for 50 miles without banging the 220*+ mark. ....

So on top of the perfectly running Trans & whole car pretty much, the LONG 40k GVW is well worth the $140 or whatever it was. I'll let you know more on the 100* days. But I don't expect to have anymore issues. A couple thousand dollars later in transmissions, coolers & more trans parts! And a 2 year long battle.

Anthony

David Neibert
06-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Just to note. The trans is in & the 40k GVW fit's wonderfully under our hood & I sat at 150* even beating the ~~~~~ out of it for about 50 miles. ... It wouldn't normally even take a ride for 50 miles without banging the 220*+ mark. ....

So on top of the perfectly running Trans & whole car pretty much, the LONG 40k GVW is well worth the $140 or whatever it was. I'll let you know more on the 100* days. But I don't expect to have anymore issues. A couple thousand dollars later in transmissions, coolers & more trans parts! And a 2 year long battle.

Anthony

Anthony,

Glad you finally got it running cool. BTW, Are you and Phil gonna be at the Shootout this year ?

David

SilverCasket
06-23-2005, 12:21 AM
If I can get Flakey Fertile Phil, that would be great! He got a new Diesel Flatbed & it would be Tit's to take that out there. If not, I'll have to see about getting a new Car Trailer, because that one from the first shootout, F'ed up by fresh paint job I had (gfx only, but still). ... If not, then my wife & I will fly out there. ..

But, if this car keeps up running good, I'll be throwing some SNOW on it & then plumbing it for some giggle juice. .. And if she still stays together, I'LL HAVE IT SHIPPED IF I HAVE TO, IT'S COMING! :)

Anthony

Kurt K
06-23-2005, 01:26 AM
Glad to hear you finally got your tranny cooling problems kicked.

Ken Seegers
06-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Anthony,
I am glad you got your tranny problem licked. Now does this no more excuses??????
Later
Ken

sail7seas
06-23-2005, 08:24 AM
....40k GVW fit's wonderfully under our hood
Anthony

Congrads, & where under the hood? on top of the radiator area?
Cheers,
Chris

SilverCasket
06-23-2005, 08:54 AM
Thanks Ken & Kurt. .. No more excuses as of yet. .. Hoping for no more excuse for the summer At Least! ...

And next time you feel like renting an SC (calling it your own of course :p ) & getting together, your not that far. .. Maybe set a mini-track night for SC. .. Couple of NJ guys would head out to Maple Grove maybe. ... Let me know.

The trans is in front of the IC. .. So it goes, Trans Cooler, Pusher Fan, FMIC, Griffin, puller fan. .... Gotta see how she does over the next week ... I am gonna move the trans cooler a bit & put a Shortened AC condensor in so I can make my passes at the track with the AC on ! :D ... Hopefully everything stays cool. maybe I'll add a fan or two .. Dunno gotta see. ..

But I've got some pics this morning & when I stop home for lunch, I'll plug them up here.

Anthony

Ken Seegers
06-23-2005, 10:03 AM
No more excuses as of yet.

Anthony

Oh no here we go. He is starting already. :rolleyes:

I think you sold the SC. I have not seen that thing in over a year.

Later
Ken

SilverCasket
06-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Oh no here we go. He is starting already. I think you sold the SC. I have not seen that thing in over a year.

Just prepping myself for an inevitable turn to another $1,000 thottle drop! Of course noone wants it to happen. >.. Just been that way for a few years now. :o

Anthony

SilverCasket
06-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Ok .. Here's a few quick shots I took this morning when I got to work. .. Now, remember (before I get scolded) this car hasn't been driven more than 3 or 4 times, not more than 40-50 miles in the last year because of trans problems. .. So it's QUITE The Dirty One! .. Somewhere under all that settled crap there is a nice SC. ..

But more importantly, notice that the Hood Latch assembly is missing. During the Bigger Tube & Fin cooler, I had to remove it. .. Now with this cooler, all I have to do is move it down about 6-8 inches & the hood action is back. .. But that will wait for the next hood, because I already put "hood pin" holes for now. .. In the end, it worked out good & runs even better.

Anthony

ThunderRoad
06-23-2005, 07:50 PM
SMALL FMIC :p

fturner
06-24-2005, 07:39 AM
Nice setup, but here's a suggestion to make it all more efficient. Build up around the rad forward so you have a "tunnel" for the air to travel through everything. Right now the air will be escaping between everything cause thats the easier route so the cooling efficiency is down.

Just my 0.002 cents worth

Frit

SilverCasket
06-24-2005, 08:30 AM
SMALL FMIC
Slow & Steady wins the race! ;)

Build up around the rad forward so you have a "tunnel" for the air to travel through everything.

That is definitely a good idea. I'm actually going to be moving a few things around in there. I may turn the Trans cooler to go up & down so I can push it off to the right. Then I have to put in a Aircon AC Condensor next to it. .. So when I get to rearranging it, I'll look into making it efficient as you said. .. Everything is staying cool now which is good, but theres always room for improvement. The wall will probably really keep things cool. I'll be sure to post when I get it built. Probably another week or two before I get the condensor & start the re-arrange.

Anthony

David Neibert
06-24-2005, 08:44 AM
Slow & Steady wins the race! ;)

That is definitely a good idea. I'm actually going to be moving a few things around in there. I may turn the Trans cooler to go up & down so I can push it off to the right. Then I have to put in a Aircon AC Condensor next to it. .. So when I get to rearranging it, I'll look into making it efficient as you said. .. Everything is staying cool now which is good, but theres always room for improvement. The wall will probably really keep things cool. I'll be sure to post when I get it built. Probably another week or two before I get the condensor & start the re-arrange.

Anthony

Anthony,

Maybe you should just leave it alone since it's finally working/running right :rolleyes:

David

Randy N Connie
06-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Trans cooler looks nice.And set up nice and clean.
Randy

SilverCasket
06-24-2005, 09:39 AM
I kind of couldn't agree more ... But there something about keeping full trim. .. Want that AC. .. It's gets hot in the car on the track with the windows up & that helmet on! :)

And the reason I'd like to rearrange in there is because I really want to have my AC back as well as put the hood hinge assembly back together. .. Because now that it runs good, I can pay some attention to how the car looks outside & under the hood. The interior is already mint. There's only about 70k miles on the car itself. But the outside & under the hood are a mess. ... And it's embarrassing when I pull up with all the other SC's & you all keep them beautiful. .. I remember when mine looked that good. So I miss it quite a bit. ..

However, ... If it turns out that the condensor causes a heat problem, then "Off with the Air!" ... ... But I couldn't agree more Dave. If it's not broken don't fix it. ... It's like I'm a glutten for punishment. But I'm hoping it doesn't cause an issue. Only 1 way to know for sure.

Anthony

David Neibert
06-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Anthony,

Sorry, I thought you still had AC and were just changing to the shorter thicker condenser. I can certianly understand why you would want it, I've still got AC on my 91 and the turbo v8 93.

David